Supercharger Upgrade Options

MRaburn

Founder
Admin Dude
Nov 29, 1999
Auburn, AL
Let's get some discussion going about upgrades gentlemen. I would post some other places as well but seems getting unbiased answers is hard to do. I now own a GT500 and obviously own StangNet. We have always kept the bias out.

I was previously interested in the Kenne Bell setup, but now that the Roush/FRPP option is out there... what do you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

620hp Roush/FRPP Supercharger is what I have been looking for

Let's get some discussion going about upgrades gentlemen. I would post some other places as well but seems getting unbiased answers is hard to do. I now own a GT500 and obviously own StangNet. We have always kept the bias out.

I was previously interested in the Kenne Bell setup, but now that the Roush/FRPP option is out there... what do you guys think?

I think the 620hp Roush/FRPP designed Supercharger is what I have been looking for. I called Roush & they said it's $5,600 comes with a tune and a Roush CAI. The best part was when they said it has a 3yr/36,000 mile warrantee & can be installed & serviced at Shelby Auto Inc or any local Ford, Lincoln or Mercury dealer. If I have a problem with it the warrantee is handled thru FRPP & can be serviced thru Ford, Lincoln & Mercury dealers across the USA :flag: & Canada:canada:

Coldwater,

Welcome to the board.

Does the new Roush/FRPP system have to be installed by a dealer, or can a home grown shop do the install?

My car is currently at Classic Design Concepts being modified. I've got them in touch with Roush about getting the blower for it. The plan is to have the car at SEMA, it will also be at the Shelby meet in Tulsa.

Coldwater,

Welcome to the board.

Does the new Roush/FRPP system have to be installed by a dealer, or can a home grown shop do the install?

My car is currently at Classic Design Concepts being modified. I've got them in touch with Roush about getting the blower for it. The plan is to have the car at SEMA, it will also be at the Shelby meet in Tulsa.

Based on the conversation I had with chris at Roush, if you want the car & supercharger to retain a warrantee, it must be installed at a Ford, lincoln or Mercury dealer. The only acception was if Shelby Automotive installed it because of the Super Snake package they are offering using this same 600+ hp system from FRPP. If you opt for the 725 hp FRPP kit I think it's $5100 and there is NO warrantee or PCM program & you will need to find someone that can produce one to make it work.