Supercharger

Discussion in 'SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech' started by ) y2kGT (, Dec 6, 2003.

1. ) y2kGT (

) y2kGT ( New Member

Anyone know where I can listen to some diff brands. Vortech, Paxton, Procharger. Thanks for any replies.

- Justin
  2. xenon

xenon New Member

I would love to hear the differences also.. Good question. My Vortech V2 SQ is not exactly quiet.. I couldint imagine anything louder. It would be just completly anoying after a while.
  3. Cali03Boss

Cali03Boss New Member

i dunno where u can listen but I know someone with a vortech and a paxton novi 2000 and a series 2. The paxton is the loudest, followed by the vortech, than the series 2. I don't like the sound of superchargers....i dunno why.
  4. Sam98

Sam98 Founding Member

Look for a shop with a dyno in your area. You can usually find Mustangs with superchargers there. Local dragstrips are another great bet. Also look for car shows (particularly ones that feature Mustangs)... :nice:

BTW...the Novi 2000 has a slight whistle at idle/light loads, but is drowned out by the exhaust at WOT. :D
  5. ) y2kGT (

) y2kGT ( New Member

6. jbritt1234

jbritt1234 New Member

I've got a Vortech SQ, You can hear it fairly well at idle and up to about 1.8k RPM. Then it's drowned out by exhaust.

It's funny, when I leave my car running at a gas station to go in for a drink, ppl look at me like "What's wrong with your car?" I'm just waiting for somebody to tell me I have a belt loose... :rlaugh: