Supercharger ?

dragon40k

Feb 24, 2004
Just got a 2003 cobra and the dealer told me the supercharger doesn't kick on till the 18th start. The boost guage works once it gets over about 4k in rpm. Has anyone heard of something like this on the 03 or 04 model? Problem is I don't know anyone who has one who can answer this for me and the thing is so smooth I can't tell.

• Sponsors (?)

I dunno. My car had probably been started 18 times by the time I bought it. It had a few miles from test drives. You will build boost at all rpms. The gauge just indicates the boost in the intake. If you step on it at 2000rpm it will build 6-8 lbs of boost stock. Probably not the best idea to boost at low rpm and lug the motor. I try to keep the rpms over 3000 when I want to really go.

-Jason

There is some truth to what he says. The ECM is in a restrictive mode for the first 25 starts from what I'm told. Not sure how it does it but it will restrict the car from achieving full boost as a safety measure.

If you mash the throttle to the floor at any RPM you should see your boost gauge jump.

U.M.