supercharger

• Sponsors (?)

It will not bolt on. there are so many other things that you would have to do it. By the end your going to be spending just as much as if you bought a new centri kit. You can get a Tork Tech kit which utiliazes the m112 blower, but i dont think it would be worth it. Just go with a vortech or a procharger.

It will not bolt on. there are so many other things that you would have to do it. By the end your going to be spending just as much as if you bought a new centri kit. You can get a Tork Tech kit which utiliazes the m112 blower, but i dont think it would be worth it. Just go with a vortech or a procharger.

+1 once pieced together same price, just save alittle and go with KB!

How is tork tek better?
Where shall I begin?

- The Tork Tech kit is much cheaper in both intercooled and non intercooled form
- The 5th Generation Eaton MP112 makes more power and torque than the 2.1L at comparable boost levels.
- The Tork Teck kit comes standard with components that are only available as options on the Kenne Bell (42lb injetors, Standard Large bore oval Throttle body, Cold Air intake and 90mm Mass Air Meter, dedicated fuel pump upgrade, 8-rib blower drive system, etc)
- Tork Tech is upgradable to a 1900 TVS blower for half the cost of Kenne Bells 2.6L upgrade. Despite their size difference, both are capable of 600hp
- The Eaton is proven the most durable and reliable blower on the market, bar none.
- Kenne Bell customer service sucks, where TT's does not.

...that was more than enough to sell me on them. :nice:

Where shall I begin?

- The Tork Tech kit is much cheaper in both intercooled and non intercooled form
- The 5th Generation Eaton MP112 makes more power and torque than the 2.1L at comparable boost levels.
- The Tork Teck kit comes standard with components that are only available as options on the Kenne Bell (42lb injetors, Standard Large bore oval Throttle body, Cold Air intake and 90mm Mass Air Meter, dedicated fuel pump upgrade, 8-rib blower drive system, etc)
- Tork Tech is upgradable to a 1900 TVS blower for half the cost of Kenne Bells 2.6L upgrade. Despite their size difference, both are capable of 600hp
- The Eaton is proven the most durable and reliable blower on the market, bar none.
- Kenne Bell customer service sucks, where TT's does not.

...that was more than enough to sell me on them. :nice:

Thanks, i'm a bit intoxicated and too lazy to do a search(call me lazy, i don't care). That is a tid bit better. I'm sold. I mean KB's are nice but its hard to beat your argument. :flag:

KB's are nice....and have been the #1 choice and for the most part the only decent choice for a Positive Displacement blower in a 2-valve configuration for the past several years now. But there's a new Sherriff in town who's putting out a better product at a cheaper price. Unless some changes are made on their end, Kenne Bell is just going to have to settle for #2 for a while. ;)

Yeah, the kit is a real cash saver - I see those superchargers on ebay for 400-500 ALL THE TIME! Buy Kenne Bell if the sticker on the side of the blower box means something to you. Buy Tork Tech if you want an extra $2000.00 to either save or reinvest into your car.

Speaking of TT - no one mentioned this kit which will make his supercharger work: '99-04 GT Supercharger-less Kit Using a '03/04 Cobra Blower

Yup, for someone on a budget going with a used '03-'04 Cobra blower in a pinch will certainly knock the cost down a little. As long as the buyer knows though, that the 4th Generation Eaton MP112 and inlet equipped on the Cobra and the 5th Generation MP112 ant Tork Teck inlet aren't quite the same blower. The design of the 5th Generation is improved slightly and the inlet is improved even further beyond that. As such efficiency levels and thus horsepower and performance would be measurably higher with the Tork Tech unit atop the manifold. :)