Supercharging '02 Mustang 3.6L V6

• Sponsors (?)

Or you can go to Rpmoutlet.com and look up their Procharger kit (Centrifugal charger) looks like a turbo - mounts infront of the serp. belt... Add's lots of power with an intercooler and 11psi kit... believe it'll bring you down like 3-4,500$... and gives you just below 400hp...

nice kit been thinkin bout getting it for mine, but it's a bigger project... :-(

You will be around 300rwhp if you have a decent exhaust setup and tune, plus you are going to want to get a T-Lok in the rear, and while you are add it probably have 3.55's or 3.73's put in. You will run in the 13's. Which basically will allow you to run with a simple bolt on 99+ GT. Is having that kinda of power and speed nice, yes definately....is it worth putting the money into a V6, that's the choice you will have to make.

You will be around 300rwhp if you have a decent exhaust setup and tune, plus you are going to want to get a T-Lok in the rear, and while you are add it probably have 3.55's or 3.73's put in. You will run in the 13's. Which basically will allow you to run with a simple bolt on 99+ GT. Is having that kinda of power and speed nice, yes definately....is it worth putting the money into a V6, that's the choice you will have to make.

+1

Why not get a turbo instead for less the cost and better performance?

You wont find a turbo for less than a supercharger, I don't think anyone makes a turbo kit for the V6 and I assure you it wont be cheaper than a supercharger. The only way is if you can find a used t3/t4 turbo and are able to custom fab EVERYTHING yourself. By that time you could have ordered a supercharger kit, that would take less time to put together and still be running close enough numbers. But if you can get a turbo and want to go fast, it's usually the best.

You wont find a turbo for less than a supercharger, I don't think anyone makes a turbo kit for the V6 and I assure you it wont be cheaper than a supercharger. The only way is if you can find a used t3/t4 turbo and are able to custom fab EVERYTHING yourself. By that time you could have ordered a supercharger kit, that would take less time to put together and still be running close enough numbers. But if you can get a turbo and want to go fast, it's usually the best.

Are so so sure about that?

You can buy a whole kit ready to bolt on. www.tmaturbo.com will have everything you will need and more.

Well, for a single turbo I'm suprised to find a kit that cheap, but you still will need to buy all the supporting parts along with a more in depth install process.

With a Supercharger you still need to buy, fuel pump, fuel injectors and misc other parts, so what's the difference?

And like if you manage to bolt on a Supercharger, you will manage to bolt on this turbo kit. This turbo kit only put out about 4psi and turn the same hp/tq level as the 11psi ProCharger supercharger.

This Turbo kit is as compleate as either Vortech or Procharger and is cheaper.

But no matter what you get, it's ALL in the tune. :nice:

With a Supercharger you still need to buy, fuel pump, fuel injectors and misc other parts, so what's the difference?

And like if you manage to bolt on a Supercharger, you will manage to bolt on this turbo kit. This turbo kit only put out about 4psi and turn the same hp/tq level as the 11psi ProCharger supercharger.

This Turbo kit is as compleate as either Vortech or Procharger and is cheaper.

But no matter what you get, it's ALL in the tune. :nice:

Yes that would be the supporting parts.

Not to be a jerk, but do you work work for these turbo builders or something? Do you even have one? Do you know how to install both a supercharger and a turbo? I ask, because I'm looking at getting either a Vortech Mongoose kit or DSC1Procharger for the GT next year, but if this kit is really something good to consider than I may just go consider it, because I was wanting a HP Twin Turbo to begin with however the price is alittle much.

IMO if you don't need HIGH HP, and you have a V6 this is what I would suggest http://www.rpmoutlet.com/musv6ati.htm. It's TOTALLY complete with injectors, tune etc, more reputable company, much more support from the company and many others that have one or had one and the end result is the same. But it's what ever you decide to choose, turbos are better but superchargers are still as nice.

I just bought an exhaust from PRM, and i got it at my house, just waiting to be done with my fever so i can install it...

RPM are one of the best companies i've ever dealt with, bought my intake from them, and now my exhaust, i'm hoping that some day i can purchase that kit from them, i already have the DiabloSport too, so i'm hoping they will let me get a lower price, since i won't be needing the DS Flash Tuner.

Engine upgrades are a lil crazy for the sixer, if you wanna upgrade then all you can do is put a V8, but why do that? Might as well trade in your sixer for an eight... correct? Seems pointless to me. but everybody got opinions :D

upgrades are a lil crazy for the sixer, if you wanna upgrade then all you can do is put a V8, but why do that? Might as well trade in your sixer for an eight... correct? Seems pointless to me. but everybody got opinions :D

Think you need to research a little more, you can do the same with a V6 that you can do with the V8.
You can stroke the V6, change cam, heads and intake, just what you can do with the V8 ;)

Yes that would be the supporting parts.

Not to be a jerk, but do you work work for these turbo builders or something? Do you even have one? Do you know how to install both a supercharger and a turbo? I ask, because I'm looking at getting either a Vortech Mongoose kit or DSC1Procharger for the GT next year, but if this kit is really something good to consider than I may just go consider it, because I was wanting a HP Twin Turbo to begin with however the price is alittle much.

IMO if you don't need HIGH HP, and you have a V6 this is what I would suggest http://www.rpmoutlet.com/musv6ati.htm. It's TOTALLY complete with injectors, tune etc, more reputable company, much more support from the company and many others that have one or had one and the end result is the same. But it's what ever you decide to choose, turbos are better but superchargers are still as nice.

Living in Norway (Europe) it's kinda hard working for them, but I have helped installing the Vortech and the Procharger. If I had to choose from either of those, I got with the Procharger.
I do not own this kit yet, but I know of many that does and I am planing on getting it this summer.

But boost is boost, and if tuned wrong, BOOM!! :owned:

And RPMOutlet isn't the best company, just so you know ;)