superchip tuner.. anyone

• Sponsors (?)

torque187 said:
i got one today for my 96 4r70w.. anyone know any tricks with this thing or anyone know what the best settings are that you did??? i basically just set all the settings to the highest shifts and the furmest shifts. Anyone have any likes or dislikes on it???? :flag:

I got the "1725" and it's fairly easy to use. I have a 5 speed so my mods were to the rev limiter, speed limiter and of course, the hipo setting (timing). I have stock gears but I can tell you that when I made my mods it was a significant difference in the launch and accelaration... I couldn't believe it when I went for my first "test drive" and broke the wheels loose from a rolling start without having it floored. This is one of my favorite mods. I like that I can crank it down to the stock settings whenever I take it in to the dealer.
:nice:

lizard-jd said:
I got the "1725" and it's fairly easy to use. I have a 5 speed so my mods were to the rev limiter, speed limiter and of course, the hipo setting (timing). I have stock gears but I can tell you that when I made my mods it was a significant difference in the launch and accelaration... I couldn't believe it when I went for my first "test drive" and broke the wheels loose from a rolling start without having it floored. This is one of my favorite mods. I like that I can crank it down to the stock settings whenever I take it in to the dealer.
:nice:

you can adjust timing???? how????

torque187 said:
you can adjust timing???? how????

When you choose the "performance setting," the timing is one of the things that it has to be adjusting upward. When you make that change you have to use >91 octane. I believe that is why they advise not to use this "tuner" if you're supercharged - detonation would be detrimental.

Personally, I like the "1725" for 4 reasons:
1)I can change performance to high (93 octane) or moderate (87 octane)
2)I can change it back to stock setting when I have warranty work at the dealer
3)One of the best options is I can check any of the DTCs
4)Purchased for <$290

Merry X-Mas

i want a super chip

i hope to get one for my 03 gt good luck
side_shot.jpg

I have the 1725 tuner on my 03 Mach 1. I have been very very pleased with it. You can def tell a difference with it on the car. But the main reason why I got it was for the speedo recal, tranny firmness, and raise shift RPM.