supercoupe SC.

texmirage

Dec 28, 2007
Was in a bone yard today. and found a super charger. I have a 94 gt. could I buy a top intake and use that S.C. Yes I understand that there will be some modding needed. Its from a super coupe.
My thought is use a v8 SC intake. make an adapter and bolt the SC SC to the motor.

Any thoughts????
albert

• Sponsors (?)

Do a search for m90 5.0 installs. It's been done before many times. I don't think you'll be able to mount it on top of the engine like on the V-6 though. Most of the setups I've seen have the sc mounted towards the side of the engine.

It is a small sc so you won't see much boost from it. I would suggest having it ported. And run an intercooler, those eaton's put out a lot of heat.

What year SC is it? The 94+ SC's have a better m90 on them. They have coated rotors which give them an extra 15hp at a lower boost level IIRC.

Its the last body style they made. Not the 89 90 body style. I tried to search 94 / 95 with no luck. I'll try a search on that thanks.
The whole set up is there. IC, SC, piping and so on.
I know i can make the SC fit. The pulley / belt is what I'm worried about.

Well as you know N/A sucks air in and boost pushes air into the engine. Our engines are sucking in more air N/A than the M90 can push out. That's why the blower makes 10-12# stock on a V-6, but the same setup on a stock 5.0 will only make something like 6-7#. More efficient engine = less restriction = less boost.