supporting mods for trick flow HCI kit

I meant with the Stage 2 cam with the stock internals and TH heads... TFS told me on some of em there is a piston to valve clearance issue. Mine wasn't one of em, I was wondering if yours was.

I don't think you read through my build thread. I don't have stock internals. First it's a 331, second I have forged Probe pistons that were specifically ordered for the stroker and TF heads. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

The kit comes with the oil filler kit yo ujust had to cut your own hole in the valve cover....

I'm jealous mine doesn't have a quality idle. My timing is advance a little i think though. It's still running pig rich with the MAF but I can drive it if need be. It def. still has a surge and if I shut it off/stalls it won't restart because it floods itself out. Anyhow, hurry with the video cause I went with the Stage 2 cam as well and I wanna hear yours so I can be more jealous over the next 5 days :nonono: .

BTW.... did you have trouble with the pistion to valve clearance?

Mine didn't so I went out and bought one from summit!! :mad:

Wish me luck guys I'm going in for my tune tonight! Peeps in 5.0 Talk told me nto to expect 315-320 rwhp.... I thought more....:shrug:

If you can get me some numerical values ........

I will see if I can find some similar combos and work up a
comparison pull or two with your combo side by side.

If by chance they cal your pull in Standard ..........
Ask the tech what it would have been with the SAE calibration.

Good Luck and we look forward to the outcome :nice:

Grady

I was actually hoping for more in the 330-340 rwhp. Trackheat Kit, 24lbs injectors, 255 lph fuel pump w/adjustable regulator, 75mm t-body, 75mm MAF, Stage 2 cam, 5 speed and a customer tune....

I guess i'm just expecting too much out of a simple H/C/I.:nonono:

I don't think you will hit that...........just as refererence...
I put down 271 RWHP and 277rwhp on a mustang dyno....I will try and list all that I had at the time
TFS Track heat...AODE 2300 stall at that time, 75 MAF -24's inject. 255 lph, 70mm TB,Cheap CAI, FRPP wires,MSD cap/rotor, h pipe no cats, flows dumped, bbk unequal shorties,AFPR, my ac/smog,egr, are all still in tact........I think there is a thread I started with the dyno on it....Grady may have it but it wasn't a clear pic...
on a dynojet you will be over 300.....may get 315.....hella torque curve though...

I'm still a firm believer in, "It's not the PEAK hp that matters, it's what's under the curve and the shape of the curve."

With that said, I hope to have my car back on the road tonight... Damn oil leak. I also received my USB/Serial adapter to finally datalog the chip for Don to tweak the tune. Once I get the second chip, I hope to head to the dyno to see what this kit does on a 331 with an AODE. :nice:

I'm still a firm believer in, "It's not the PEAK hp that matters, it's what's under the curve and the shape of the curve."

With that said, I hope to have my car back on the road tonight... Damn oil leak. I also received my USB/Serial adapter to finally datalog the chip for Don to tweak the tune. Once I get the second chip, I hope to head to the dyno to see what this kit does on a 331 with an AODE. :nice:

I agree Paul.....I love the torque curve on mine.........

UPDATE

Well, I didn't do as well as I had hoped, but still didn't do too bad. My best pull was 291rwhp/301ft lbs on a Mustang dyno. At higher rpm's though my 24lber's are maxing out. I knew I should've went with 30lber's.... :nonono:

Still got some tweecin' to do. It's got some cold start issues and it's still running rich. Idle wouldn't go down from 1500 rpm the whole way home ( even at complete stops ). I drove it about 15-20 miles home, stopped and got chew, and it wouldn't start back up. Sat for an hour and a half and started up with big puff of smoke ( flooded was the condition, tried pedal to the floor first of course ). The dyno guy said it could be an injector leaking down into the cylinder flooding it out, or it could be my TFI module going back when it gets hot it stops the spark. Started fine this morning, surged the whole way to work ( 1 mile ). Shut it off, started back up funky, stayed @ 2000 rpm. Who knows.... this guy will figure it out.