Suspension advice for an 08 GT?

slayerripkdc

15 Year Member
Jun 3, 2003
brewster ny
I am going to look at a 2008 GT 5sp tommorow and the car def needs to be lowered! What is the best combo to purchase that will still have decent ride quality but will still have a nice stance? Can I get away with just springs, shocks and struts?

• Sponsors (?)

Tell the guy you will give him $800 less than what he is offering then you can improve the suspesion with the Steeda handling pak! How much are you looking to spend on improving the suspension after you purhase the car? We can make it a supreme handling machine or you can do a combination of suspension parts that will improve the ride. PM me your goals, budget, and if you purchase the GT and we can start to piece some stuff together for you.

Best Regards,

TJ

Reactions: 1 user
I wouldn't recommend the Roush setup unless they have updated the rear shocks. Mine leaked at about 20k miles, it is a common problem. A good setup would be Koni STR.T dampers (they are currently 20% off) and Steeda Sport springs. I have Koni Sports (aka Yellows) and they are a huge improvement on the Roush dampers, the STR.T is roughly equivalent to the Sports on their softest setting.

Tell the guy you will give him $800 less than what he is offering then you can improve the suspesion with the Steeda handling pak! How much are you looking to spend on improving the suspension after you purhase the car? We can make it a supreme handling machine or you can do a combination of suspension parts that will improve the ride. PM me your goals, budget, and if you purchase the GT and we can start to piece some stuff together for you.

Best Regards,

TJ

I've always preffered Steeda, all the suspension stuff done on my '95 was done with Steeda parts, and once I can afford to do any on the current car, it will be Steeda as well....

Reactions: 1 user