Suspension... Am I on the Right track here?

Ya I tried to stay with a popular name-brand.
The H&R springs seem a bit more appealing now. I should probably spend the extra money and get new shocks/struts as well then I'm guessing (judging by the 1.76" front drop and 1.6" drop in the rear, my guess is the stock ones won't hold up long)
The Tokio struts/shocks are pretty cheap and I see they are recommended here
With new polyurethane spring isolators, the grand total comes to $889.92 plus shipping

Sound like a good way to go?

I'm running the H&R SS springs, Tokico HP (blues) shocks and struts (fox struts in front), poly isolators, poly rack bushings (not offset), and MM C/C plates. I don't have any noticeable bump steer with this setup and have not installed a bump steer kit or "taller" ball joints. I don't have SFCs yet, either.

I just added the same equipment I have to a shopping cart at American Muscle (plus the SFCs) and the total comes to $1004.90.

Also, check out this thread...http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/801702-discount-code-americanmuscle-read-me.html ...it may save you a little money.

• Sponsors (?)

i just got the MM starter package (bilsteins, CC plates, and H&R springs) and full length subframes.

The car is awesome, sits really low, launches hard and you can really tell the car is not twisting if trying to turn as you floor it. then on hard braking, the nose does not dive anywhere near as much as it did on stock suspension.

I dont know how to describe it or why I want to do this, but now all I want to do to my car are suspension mods. Seriously I just want to be complete overkill ;)

i just got the MM starter package (bilsteins, CC plates, and H&R springs) and full length subframes.

The car is awesome, sits really low, launches hard and you can really tell the car is not twisting if trying to turn as you floor it. then on hard braking, the nose does not dive anywhere near as much as it did on stock suspension.

I dont know how to describe it or why I want to do this, but now all I want to do to my car are suspension mods. Seriously I just want to be complete overkill ;)

i know how u feel, mine is what some would call overkill where as i think it is just about perfect.

Maximum motorsports all the way, it all works together, and works well! I have a fox and a 03GT both with maximum subs, springs, tokic illuminas, mm bumpsteer and CC plates and they boh handle amazingly well.

That's the exact kit I was looking at. I am convinced about it too, so now it all comes down to the install part of it. What can a novice do himself? I could most likely do springs and struts/shocks, but what would I be looking at for install price on the MM SC's and the other stuff?

That's the exact kit I was looking at. I am convinced about it too, so now it all comes down to the install part of it. What can a novice do himself? I could most likely do springs and struts/shocks, but what would I be looking at for install price on the MM SC's and the other stuff?

I just had everything done at the shop. The subframe connectors to be welded in cost about $150. then you should pay for an alignment which could be up to another $50 to $90

installing the shocks/struts/springs would cost about 75 to 100 each. when you factor in the shops hourly rate + tax.