suspension pitures

• Sponsors (?)

while driving today something snapped and now it is very hard to turn my wheels left or right. and looking under the car on the left side i there is something that is loose it is a bar that use to be in this hole and it is just hanging. it is hard to describe that is why i needed the picture. if i saw a picture i would know exactly where this bar is coming from.

mine came off when i hit a bump pretty hard. i had a drop bracket on it, though, to fit my headers on there, and that's what actually came off was that drop bracket. but it was pretty hard to steer it to the right, as i recall, and it bump steered like you wouldn't believe. but your wheel will stay on just fine, i'd be more worried about damaging something inside your power steering system

jcp123 said:
mine came off when i hit a bump pretty hard. i had a drop bracket on it, though, to fit my headers on there, and that's what actually came off was that drop bracket. but it was pretty hard to steer it to the right, as i recall, and it bump steered like you wouldn't believe. but your wheel will stay on just fine, i'd be more worried about damaging something inside your power steering system

hope it's not the strud rod, those have been known to snap as well, if it is you definitely shouldn't drive it that way. if it runs from the lower control arm to the front of the car it is the strut rod and you should start looking for a replacement asap. mustangs unlimited sells new ones for about 30 bucks each

From what you said, it should be the rod coming out of the powersteering ram. Look back to see if there is a piece similarly broken on the driver side frame rail. THis would be located 'behind' all of the other suspension parts when referencing the car head on. Most likely the rod just failed, either that or it came out which I think is kinda not supposed to happen :D Theoretically you could drive it, but I would seriously not recommend it.
Now, if it's in the front of the suspension, bolting to the lower control arm and the radiator crossmember, then that is your strut rod, DO NOT drive it if this is broken, replace before driving. My suggestion is replace them in pairs b/c if one went, then it is very possible the other has seen similar stresses and will also fail.

The Swede