Suspension Problem

jojo98

Jan 3, 2015
OK I have a 98gt that I just replaced struts and springs and is still lower on the left front right front measures front ground to to fender 27in and left is 26 1/4 don't know what else to replace help

• Sponsors (?)

The struts would not determine the height, but the springs could. Here are some questions and recommendations.

1) Are the springs installed correctly? The "pig tail" end of the spring has a slot that it fits into on the control arm, is that lined up correctly?

2) Spring isolators. Are the isolators installed? Are they a matching set between the sides?

3) Has the vehicle been in an accident? Is the control arm bent? Have the spindles been replaced?

4) Take more measurements than just the fender to the ground. A spot on the control arm to the ground. The control arm bushings to the ground. Upper spring perch to the ground.

Answer these questions, and take these measurements. Something will show different in these measurements, and the questions will help you figure out why the measurements are off.

Thank but I ended up getting it on alignment rack and found out it was wrecked before I bought it. Unless I can find a frame shop the will stretch it out the leveling won't be the same... But I keep these in as an insight for my 5.0 thanks