Suspension/Tire question

A while back, I installed on my own Tokico D-specs and Eibach springs in addition to an adjustable panhard bar.

I got a flat on my front left Eagle F1 all season tire last week and brought it in to get plugged. Upon taking the tire off, I noticed that the inside of the tire was wearing MUCH faster than the outside, to the point where white is now showing. These were initially on the rear of the car and were rotated up front. That being said, what would cause additional wear on the inside? I had an alignment done when I rotated them and I did check to see if the panhard bar was accurate. Any troubleshooting tips are great.

Also - I am going to need two front tires now. Should I stick with the Eagle F1's or go with something else? I can get any tire through at a significant price drop through my fathers shop.

Thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

Everyone has their own opinion about tires, so you'll just have to read reviews and decide what you want.

The tire wear problem is most likely the toe adjustment on the front. I don't think it is possible for the rear suspension to wear the tires on the inside on a solid axle car.

Have it aligned. I know you said you had it aligned but 1/2 the time they just take it in back and do nothing and then charge you.

It is pretty common for mustangs to wear the inside edge esp lowered ones.

It could be toe or camber or a combination of them, but I've generally found that excessive negative camber isn't that bad to tires. I've run -2 to -3* on the street and didn't weat the inside too badly (but that included some auto X events and general hard driving).

Get it aligned by someone competent and get the computer print out showing what they did. Then, keep an eye on your new tires and ensure it wears correctly or take it back. If they claim they can't align it (because of an accident or lowering the car excessively), then you may need caster/camber plates. I'm not a fan of camber bolts.