suspension upgrades?

• Sponsors (?)

well are you looking for something on the budget ? do you want track or street. eibach prokits/kyb shocks/tockico is a good handling combo. im running stock suspension now. getting new shocks soon. im trying to retain a"sleeper" look.:rolleyes: im doing gears first and then get some springs.

depends on what your looking for... i wanted a good drop and handling and thats what i got but i sacrifice a little traction off the line from a harder spring rate but i rarely hit the track anyway but it handles amazing check out my sig

There are cheap ways and expensive ways to get more traction. Seems like the Bullitt kit is a good bang for the buck and probably is a good place to start. Just replacing yuor worn-out stock springs will help a LOT. If you want more suspension control you can make more changes.

Bushings, Im running spericals on both ends of the LCA. With stock uppers. No rear sway. KYB shocks (cheap and stiff) with the coilover conversion in the front. Adjustable spring perches in the back. Lowered about 3".

Curious if anyone's boxed their LCAs instead of going with aftermarket. Does it make a difference, or is the problem in the bushings versus the rigidity of the arm itself?

The Steeda HD upper control arms are just stock uppers that have been boxed. However, the big difference is in the bushings. Once you buy a plate of steel to box them in, a can of spray paint, and the bushings, it ends up costing more than a set of aftermarket control arms. So there really isn't any point to it.

Kurt

was cureous as to what suspension upgrades everyone used to get very good handling and able to get traction

I have Maximum Motorsports lowers and Edelbrock uppers at the rear. All have a spherical bearing at one end and a 3-piece urethane bushing on the other. Front suspension is stock except for 1" lowering springs (same at rear) and urethane bushings everywhere. The car corners like it's on rails and has excellent grip on the exit. Love it.