Suspension?

If you ran into some money and were finally able to buy a nice suspension system. What would you get? I have Mac lowering springs and stock struts and shocks. I was going to get Granatelli upper/lower control arms, Koni sport or tokico illuminas? I was thinking of a pan hard bar ... I also had an offer to buy a K-MEMBER KIT:k-member, tubular a arms, and a coil over conversion.

What are coil overs like???? I hear they are for cars that have been built for it like the Eclipse, some hondas. Is this true?? Anybody have coil overs??

Thanks
Justin :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Us convertable people can only benifit from going to a tubular k member setup(Less weight is always good). But coilovers shouldn't be based on what car you have but what you wanna do with the car. You can get different springrates for drag or autocross. And you can get ajustable shocks to do both if you get an intermediate rated spring.

Id go with a tubular k-member and coilovers. Just because you can ajust the ride height. One day you can cruise around with the car slammed. And the next, you can hop it up for good weight transfer at the track.

Numbles said:
Us convertable people can only benifit from going to a tubular k member setup(Less weight is always good). But coilovers shouldn't be based on what car you have but what you wanna do with the car. You can get different springrates for drag or autocross. And you can get ajustable shocks to do both if you get an intermediate rated spring.

Id go with a tubular k-member and coilovers. Just because you can ajust the ride height. One day you can cruise around with the car slammed. And the next, you can hop it up for good weight transfer at the track.

I like the flexibility of the height adjustment alot. I really want to get them but I hear bad things as well. Like bending them and twisting them with race driving. I"ve heard it has something to do with where the strut enters where the CC plates go.

Have you heard of people with them and their experience?

TTT for ya. I have never heard of any twisting or binding like problems with coilovers. If there was a problem you would experience the problem with the stock shocks too because they go in the same place.

But definately gotta get subframes. Its just one of those things the convertable needs to get rid of flex.

Numbles said:
TTT for ya. I have never heard of any twisting or binding like problems with coilovers. If there was a problem you would experience the problem with the stock shocks too because they go in the same place.

But definately gotta get subframes. Its just one of those things the convertable needs to get rid of flex.

oHH Yeah for sure. Subframes were the first upgrade i did. I have decided against coil overs I think. I have heard the same thing about them over and over again about if you drive on the street you punish the alluminum sleeve. It ends up warping and damaging the sleeve which can get costly. Too bad I like the adjustability alot. You can get Steel sleeves which are alot stronger. But I ask myself "Is it really worth all of this $$$ to lose 70 lbs involving changing k-member and tubular and coil over conversion" ... and also put coil overs on the back too, even more $$$. What do you think?

Justin