Sve Drag Wheels On Foxbody. Pics And Fitment???

lib88stang

Founding Member
Mar 24, 2001
Pa
Im looking to buy the sve drag wheels. 17x4 fronts and 15x10 rears with 6.25 backspacing. Id like to see an actual pic of the rears on a fox? I know the rule is 6.5bs but thats not offered and a 15x8 is not offfered. Somone shed some light please.

• Sponsors (?)

You can use a little math, a ruler and a wheel with no tire mounted to it to make a very close estimation of how much the wheel might stick out with that backspacing.

Backspacing is the distance between the hub mounting surface to the back side of the wheel rim. You measure it just by laying a straight edge across the back side of the wheel and measuring from that to the hub surface.

Take a wheel that has no tire mounted to it (one with a tire would still probably work) and measure the backspace. Let's say that it's a 15x7" wheel with 5" of backspace.

Mount the wheel to your rear axle. Measure 1.25" past the back side of the wheel. This will show you how far into your wheel well a 15" wheel with 6.25" backspace will go.

Your measurement is now effectively that of a 15x8.25" wheel with 6.25" of backspace. Now measure 1.75" from the front of the wheel. This will give a measurement of a 15x10" wheel with 6.25" backspace. Place a straight edge on your fender lip and see how far past it your measurement goes. This will give you a pretty good idea of how far a 15x10" wheel with 6.25" of backspace will stick out in lieu of a picture.

This has worked for me to provide a good estimation of correct backspacing or spacer selection.

You could also save a little bit of time in this exercise by subtracting the amount of backspace of your test wheel from your desired backspace of 6.25" and adjusting your theoretical wheel width accordingly.

Example: with the hypothetical 15x7" wheel with 5" backspace, you subtract 5" form 6.25". So now, instead of measuring to simulate a 10" wide wheel, measure out from your wheel so that it is 8.75", or 1.25" narrower than 10". Either way, your measurement from the face of the wheel against a straight edge by your fender lip will be the same.

Ive looked on LMR and even called and emailed them and yes they will fit but no clear answer to if they stick out past quarter. They use to offer 15x8s and most of the pics you can plainly see they are 15x8s and the one lx with the 15x10s looks hideous like they are sticking out.

There's probably no clear answer because there are too many variables for a five lug-swapped fox. Your rear could have any number of widths depending on if you're using ranger axles/drums, '94-'98, '99-'04, Thunderbird SC/Lincoln LSC, etc. A picture wouldn't really do you much good unless you know exactly what the setup is on the car.

That LX does indeed look hideous.

There is no question in my mind that they will either stick out just a bit or the tire will be directly under the outer fender opening. 15x10 with a 6.5" backspace is the perfect wheel to stuff the most tire under a fox body with a stock length rearend. Dont gamble on it, i dont think you will be happy.

Mine is stock length rear with ranger axle and drums. I think il buy the fronts from SVE and get the rears from racestar in 15x8 and have them powder coated gloss black.

We currently do not offer the 15x8s. However the 15x10 fits perfect! If you need more pictures feel free to PM me. 275/50/15 on the rear.
IMG_0022.JPG
IMG_0025.JPG
IMG_0031.JPG

The wheel on that GT Phillip doest realy look deep enuff to be a 15x10 but maybe it is, I PMd you. And I also looked on Racestars site and th 15x8 they offer is 5.25 BS WTF is wrong with these wheel companies.

Also wasn't that GT done with the 15x10s you offered first which was 6.5 BS????? The video you guys posted was from awhile ago when they first came out and I thought they had different BS back then?????

The wheel on that GT Phillip doest realy look deep enuff to be a 15x10 but maybe it is, I PMd you. And I also looked on Racestars site and th 15x8 they offer is 5.25 BS WTF is wrong with these wheel companies.

Also wasn't that GT done with the 15x10s you offered first which was 6.5 BS????? The video you guys posted was from awhile ago when they first came out and I thought they had different BS back then?????

They are a 15x10s I can vouch for that. They are a 6.25 Backspacing, we have never offered a 6.5 Backspacing on the 15x10s .

The 8 inch is going to sit the same way, just 1 less inch on the inside and outside.

Joe

My 88 Notch with 17x4 and 15x10 SVE Drag wheels, I was worried about the 6.25 BS but they fit great, I did roll rear lips and used a hammer to beat in rear inners, The ET streets 28x11.50 wanted to still rub on inside when car leaned hard. So I went with 1/4 spacers and racing studs. With a lil smaller tire I wouldn't have had to do that. My Front brakes are SN95 and rear is still stock with Drums

Attachments

• new wheels.jpg
    new wheels.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 17,862
It has a stock 302, b cam, 1.6 roller rockers, ported e7 heads, gt40 lower with a comp polymers upper intake. stock inj, mass air and TB. Shorties,h pipe, 355s drag struts, stock front springs, 50/50 rear shocks , 4cyl springs, 190 pump, adj regulator. cenerforce clutch, hurst shifter. Zex dry kit on 125 which is a lot less than 125 actually. Car runs 12.20s at 114 on 26x10.50 et streets. I didn't try these 28x11.50s at the track yet. It hooked ggod at flashlight drags but you don't get timeslips at that event.

Reactions: 1 user