SVO Calipers on 92 Fox

Obsol3te

Jun 29, 2005
Picked up a set of "svo" calipers? off a friend for 15 buxx.
He said he had a whole bunch of mixed reviews on the calipers about putting them on his car or not.
Theyre supposed to be better than stock so I nabbed em, and went to place them on my car and I noticed the pad's on the piston side of the caliper wont fit.
Do i need different pads?
Or should I try cramming the stock pads in there.
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Picked up a set of "svo" calipers? off a friend for 15 buxx.
He said he had a whole bunch of mixed reviews on the calipers about putting them on his car or not.
Theyre supposed to be better than stock so I nabbed em, and went to place them on my car and I noticed the pad's on the piston side of the caliper wont fit.
Do i need different pads?
Or should I try cramming the stock pads in there.
Thanks
You will needed to use 84-86 SVO pads or LSC or Crown vic brake pads.

Stock pads can work, i used my stockers when i ran the SVO calipers.

The reason they get mixed reviews is that a lot of guys suggest you change the MC in order to meet the fluid demands of the larger calipers. A lot of guys run them with the stock MC and they work fine, but others complain of piss-poor braking with the stocker.

It's hit or miss. I ran mine with the stock MC and i could easily lock them up and felt an improvement. My other friend ran them on his '88 5.0 and lost braking ability and feel. I even helped install, so i'm sure it was done just like mine.

The SVO MC can only be used if you run the SVO/Mark 7 rear brakes.

You want pads for an 84-86 SVO or 84-92 Mark 7

The MC you want would a 93 Cobra MC i beleive with the 1" bore