SVO side skirts

• Sponsors (?)

Probably just the logistics of them. I hardly ever see a Mustang with them. You have to have a special exhaust just to make them look right, and it ends up being a lot of money. I would love to have them now, so that I didn't have to put tail pipes on my car once a year for emissions. But I'm not willing to buy a whole new cat back for it.

Kurt

Thought abc's looked the exact same minus the "svo" being in them?

Are they shaped differently and im just blind? With more attachment points plus them bring urethane....i dont see how ABC's are not superior. :shrug:

Thought abc's looked the exact same minus the "svo" being in them?

Are they shaped differently and im just blind? With more attachment points plus them bring urethane....i dont see how ABC's are not superior. :shrug:

that's right, Nate: ABC's look exactly the same minus the SVO on them. shaped the same too w/the exception of a lip that runs along the inner door sill so you can mount them there, too, aside from just the spots at the wheel wells.

that's right, Nate: ABC's look exactly the same minus the SVO on them. shaped the same too w/the exception of a lip that runs along the inner door sill so you can mount them there, too, aside from just the spots at the wheel wells.

Under further review, are the SVO skirts a little different under the side mirror? It seems like they curve a little more or something. May just be the paint reflecting different...

Roush also made side exhuast skirts. i don't think they produce them anymore but it is another option. I have some waiting to be painted and then i have to mock up the exhaust.

I guess they curve the same...
GOODcobra.jpg

picture099.jpg

and roush...
roushmustang9498.jpg

What exhaust are you going with?

that's still up in the air as far as mufflers. bbk fox long tubes, dr. gas x, into a bullet style muffler, then out to magnaflow dual intercooled angle cut tips. very similar to turboGT style but i don't want it as loud as his. I want to keep it as quiet as i can. I'll probably have to modify the side skirt to fit the tips but thats all part of the game isn't it.

that's still up in the air as far as mufflers. bbk fox long tubes, dr. gas x, into a bullet style muffler, then out to magnaflow dual intercooled angle cut tips. very similar to turboGT style but i don't want it as loud as his. I want to keep it as quiet as i can. I'll probably have to modify the side skirt to fit the tips but thats all part of the game isn't it.

Keep us updated on which mufflers you end up getting. A build thread would be nice:banana:

Do you have any mufflers you are considering? Or u not at that point?

well the tax return came back with more than i thought it would so yeah now its buckling down and figuring out what I want to do. Spent all morning trying to figure out what to do. I'm leaning towards the borla xr-1 but they only have the 2.5" inlet/outlet in the oval shape which i'm not sure i can fit. I have to measure some more and see what i can do.

I can't find the tips on their site or summit racing (where i got them). I think they might have discontinued them. Found them on amazon
Amazon.com: Borla Performance Industries BOR-20213: Exhaust Tip, Stainless, Polished, Slant/Intercooled, 2.5 in. Inlet, Dual 3 in. Outlet, 14 in. Long, Each: Automotive

going to do like turbogt did and have them cut and welded back together turned 90 degrees so they are inline with the side.

well the tax return came back with more than i thought it would so yeah now its buckling down and figuring out what I want to do. Spent all morning trying to figure out what to do. I'm leaning towards the borla xr-1 but they only have the 2.5" inlet/outlet in the oval shape which i'm not sure i can fit. I have to measure some more and see what i can do.

I can't find the tips on their site or summit racing (where i got them). I think they might have discontinued them. Found them on amazon
Amazon.com: Borla Performance Industries BOR-20213: Exhaust Tip, Stainless, Polished, Slant/Intercooled, 2.5 in. Inlet, Dual 3 in. Outlet, 14 in. Long, Each: Automotive

going to do like turbogt did and have them cut and welded back together turned 90 degrees so they are inline with the side.

Sweet.

Have you thought about running the stingers like Turbogt with maybe some dynomax bullets in line to tone it down a little?

How about flowmasters bullet muffler? ALthough i dont think any are gonna do much volume wise....probably gonna have to run 2 sets.:shrug:

thats the thing, there isn't a whole lot of room in there to run two sets of mufflers. i also found the SLP powerflo that seems quieter than their loudmouth stuff.

We've effectively high-jacked 95monky's thread. I'm going to start another thread shortly with some collected data.

thats the thing, there isn't a whole lot of room in there to run two sets of mufflers. i also found the SLP powerflo that seems quieter than their loudmouth stuff.

We've effectively high-jacked 95monky's. I'm going to start another thread shortly with some collected data.

lol, its all side exhaust related so its all good. I'll look out for your thread. I will be going this route at some point, so i've been racking my brain around options.

Courtesy of TurboGT:

CIMG1463.jpg

You have room straight off the headers (thats if you are running long tubes) it looks like the dynomax bullet mufflers should clear the humps in the crossemmber. You could create even more room if you cut off the collector of the long tubes and added the muffler right away.