SVO trade for lx 5.0?

funkbuster

Apr 4, 2005
Hello SVO people. I have a 1993 LX 5.0 that is in very good condition. It is lightly moddified with bbk headers, summit racing H-pipe, mac stainless mufflers, march ram air, 3.73s, hurst shifter, new tires, new clutch. I am wanting to trade it for an SVO, my dad showed me a picture of his old SVO, and I instantly fell in love with them, I will be loosing some performance but that is no big deal to me.
If interested, email me at [email protected]

• Sponsors (?)

id never consider trading mine, i never took them seriously until i bought one and perty much everything about them is better, better brakes, handling, gas mileage, not hearing the v8 drone inside the car on long trips that eventually drives you crazy, just a better all around performer compared to other foxes ive driven or been in, in my opinion.

freakintiger said:
What you are asking is not likely to happen, SVO owners are mad crazy about their cars and most consider 5.0 slows to be inferior(SVO program was killed by Ford V8 program guys as I understand). .

exactly my point. stinger made good mention about trying to find one from a non enthusiest, thats how i found mine for 800USD. I've driven 5liters and wasn't really impressed, my SVO is all around a better car. as far as the v8 program killing the SVO program goes, its almost better that way cause all of us who own SVO's are less likley to get rid of it

How long have we mentioned the FACTS (not busting on anyone) about the 2.3T being a better DD than the 5Slow? Man I am still building my engine even with these gas prices. My MPG will not change.

Hmmmm, it is going to be harder to find 4 cyl stangs soon I am thinking.

how hard is it for you SVO guys to find parts for your cars? :shrug: i mean there is really ALOT of **** out there for the 5.0 but i never see anything for you 2.3 guys?? how come?!?! :notnice:

just wondering cause ive been thinking about looking for a svo this is honestly the only thing holding me back....

It is like buying a different style of car. You dont see others on the road until you are driving one and then you see so many that you reaize it was just a matter of looking.

Parts for the 2.3T come from many different locations, suto's and indipendent fabricators. Since in 86 Ford decided to stop making the SVO the aftermarket did not boom. Who knows in the future what engine may reside in the Mustang, we may see the rise of the SVO once again. If Ford decides to trade massive HP for MPG and bring it back.