SVT 302 block?

muddslide

Mar 10, 2003
DAYTONA BEACH
I was told SVT makes a 302 block that can be stroked to a 393 or something. I was told it has a 4 bolt main and can be made to hold high compression. I'm looking to stoke a 302 and was told this is a great block but I have never heard of it. Can anyone help me?

• Sponsors (?)

I just bought a 671 blower and the intake was made for a 302 so I'm forced to stick with a 302 block. The intake for the blower was 900.00 dollars. I'm looking into the future, when I can afford a bigger H.P. motor. What is my best choice? I looked up the 302 r block that can be bored up to 360ci and the price was 1,600 dollars but I have a friend at ford that can get a better deal. I could then stroke this block and add more boost to my blower. I'm not looking for more ci, I'm looking for a stronger 302 block that will handle boost without blowing apart.

I was looking on the internet and saw a 302 sportman block? It is a higher preformance block than stock but not a good as a r-302. Does anyone have one or can help me out. Is this block any good, It sells for 800.00 dollars, which seems fair.

I've saw a couple "R" blocks on the corral classifieds. Look on www.nmraracing.com/forums/ and www.stangcrazy.com also. I looked for a couple weeks for a "R" but I went against my way of thinking and bought a built shortblock. I much prefer to build my own and work with the local machinist. I just couldn't pass it up for the price...very reputable builder. I just didn't trust the sportsman myself for the power i'm planning....although there are some guys doing it in Real Street.