SVT wishlist

sparky_SIUE

Sep 18, 2004
Its always fun to dream, and here is my dream for the future of SVT.

Lightning: I would like to see a SC version of the new 3 valve 6.8L v10 currently in the superduty trucks. These engines are already monsters at 357hp and 462 lb-ft of torque. I would like to see the SC version to produce 515-550 hp and 550-575 lb-ft of torque. At ~4800lbs this would be good for mid 12s easy.

Cobra: I would like to see a SC version of the 3 valve 5.4 currently in the new ford trucks. This engine is powerful already at 300/365 hp/tq (respectively). I would l like to see the SC version to produce 500-515 hp and 515-540 lb-ft of torque. Needs to go on a diet too...nothing over 3400lbs. This would be good for mid/low 11s.

Cobra R: Yes i said cobra R. If you look at history...its about time. I'll say 2008 Cobra R. This is a big dream...but a dream nonetheless. Neways i would like to see a comeback of the 5.8L 351, but a cammed 3-valve version. The OHV version was a monster in 1995 producing 300/365 hp/tq (respectively). I would like to see this car NA and producing 500-515hp and 525-550tq. Also a big diet, about 3200lbs (no back seat is fine with me). This would be good for 11.0s all day long :)

So there is my dream...tell me what you think :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Your line up doesn't make since thou. The Cobra and Cobra R would be to close to each other and would also be way to pricey.

To be more relastic there will probaly be a Cobra in the 400Hp range(i'd like to see it being N/A so we can stop hearing all this crap about how ford has to use a s/c to make power then again the 03/04 cobras are simply amazing after boltons) and hopefully we will get a new R soon that will be up in the 500hp range. (hopefully with a Ford GT motor in it) And the Cobra R is less about running drag and more about turns considering it could handle G's right up there with a Corvette (not bad for a fairmont :D )

Acutally it makes perfect sense...Coletti has hinted at competing with the Zo6 and Viper with the next gen Cobra, and that would take upwards of 500hp and a diet. As far as the R not being enough ahead of it...I think as i stated it would be .3 to .5 seconds ahead strait line and would own it in the twisties(although i didn't mention suspension). :flag:

An IRS equipped, non-top of the line (think GT350 instead of GT500) version of the Mustang would be great. Something I could afford and should be a noticeable performance increase over the standard GT. Especially if they lightened it. But with that large of a car, I doubt there is much they can do.

I don't really see the Mustang ever matching the Vette in the twisties -- simply because of the size. Becuase we have a back seat, it causes the car to be really large, which means high weight and long wheelbase. That's okay though, I would never buy a Mustang to be a road race car. Jack of all trades, master of none and all that.

I know this is a little off of the topic but in the first post you said the 5.4 and 5.8L engines both had 300hp. I got a 95 V6 and I was planning on putting a 5.8L in it. But if the 5.4L also has about 300 hp is there any benefit of getting the 5.8L. Should I stick with the 5.8 or switch to a 5.4. I also plan on getting an 05 GT :D

WTE215 said:
I know this is a little off of the topic but in the first post you said the 5.4 and 5.8L engines both had 300hp. I got a 95 V6 and I was planning on putting a 5.8L in it. But if the 5.4L also has about 300 hp is there any benefit of getting the 5.8L. Should I stick with the 5.8 or switch to a 5.4. I also plan on getting an 05 GT

The 5.4 is new technology, the 5.8 is not. I dont know how available the 5.8 is or how much money you're planning on spending. I would think the 5.8 would be an easier drop, and i know it would be cheaper to maintain being pushrod. A matter of personal opinion i guess.

ChromeYellowGT said:
I want to see a supercharged DOHC 7.8l V10 based off the 6.2 Hurricane in the Cobra.

I think your on to something here :rolleyes: i believe I read somewhere that the 6.2 motor is capable of displacing 8.3L. That would be a very potent(and lightweight) powerhouse :banana: :banana: :banana:

On Topic: There was some sort of rumor making the rounds in Motor Trend about Ford developing a new high-displacement V8 motor, a so-called Hemi fighter.

Just in time for the Cobra R model (or Boss R model, if Shelby's taking back the Cobra moniker)?

Anyways, here's my prediction for the SVT line:

SVT Boss: supercharged 5.0L 4V DOHC 4.6L stroker

SVT Lightning: supercharged 5.4L SOHC 3V

SVT Boss R: supercharged 5.4L 4V DOHC or N/A Hemi-fighter (~500 hp, either way)

Off Topic: WTE215, if cost is an issue, and I suspect it probably is, I'd go with a 5.8L (aka the 351W). There's much more variety and choice (equals less cost) in aftermarket performance parts for the 351W than the 5.4, and there's also more people (which equals more experienced help) who've swapped in a 351W into their 79-95 Mustang than there are 5.4 swappers, especially if you're talking about a 5.4 DOHC block.

The 351W will be an easier swap, since in many cases you'll simply be looking for used 94-95 GT parts.

Also, remember that the Mod engines are bleeping huge. The 4.6L SOHC and DOHC versions are 26" high and 29 7/8" high, respectively, and the 5.4L is even larger (compare to a 351W height of 23 3/4"). If you don't like huge cowl hoods, this isn't your engine.

Power shouldn't be an issue - there are forced induction 351W-based strokers making well in excess of 1000+ HP, and I'd imagine there are 5.4Ls built to the same level.

SVT Lightning Concept Engine

Using the Radiator to cool the forced air seems pretty cool. (no pun intended) Here is a segment from the concept page.

This would be pretty solid motor and hopefully not to expensive to drop in a Mustang since it looks like it will be in the Truck

Attachments

• SVT Lightning Concept.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 121