svttech(mike) or fuel guys

blackink00

I missed a shift & stole Curt's money.
Mar 30, 2005
Tempe, AZ
well my car when it sits for a while takes a while to fire up when i start it. if i prime it a couple times it fires right up. i know im loosing pressure some where but dont know how to trouble shoot it. the lines to the fuel rail are plastic wrapped in rubber so i cant crimp them. any other way to trouble shoot and find out where im loosing pressure. thanks guys:hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

the most common cause of this is too much fuel presure leaking back out through the fuel pump. There is a valve that is supposed to keep some presure in the line to aid in cold starts.

it's also possible that you could have a injector leaking slightly, BUT I doubt this because you would have a misfire most likely a dead miss once it started and a fouled plug and fuel in the oil.

I would suspect your fuel pump as the problem.

i guess ill have to do that. damn units are expensive. well thanks mike. i hope to be at your status one day. going to UTI and still holding a 4.0 with 100% attendence rate. takeing the fact program too. about how many hours do you flag a day?

i guess ill have to do that. damn units are expensive. well thanks mike. i hope to be at your status one day. going to UTI and still holding a 4.0 with 100% attendence rate. takeing the fact program too. about how many hours do you flag a day?

I average about 12-13 a day about 70 hours a week. Last month was kind of slow I did not do as well.

So you must be going to the UTI in arizona as far as I knwo thats the only UTI with fact, thats a great start because you will have a ton of the traning already done and after a couple of years experience you will probally be a senior master and making good money..

Even if you struggle at first the things that seem hard will be easy once you start learning the tricks of the trade, plus remember to be aggressive in your upsells without stealing.