swap

madskycc

Aug 12, 2007
I got a 1984 tbird for free two week ago. i just picked up a 1993 ford mustang. The tbird has a 3.8 tbi with aod and the mustang has 2.3 with t 5. I want to take the v6 out the tbird and put it in the mustang. Are the motor mounts the same or i have to change the k member out? how hard is the use th t5 with my v6? Are all fox body parts interchangeable

• Sponsors (?)

the motor in the t bird is brand new with 12 miles on it. i anit worry about more power. I takeing two old cars and makeing one good dd. i travel about 30 miles a day and i have a e150 i drive every day.:bang:

If the 2.3 in the mustang runs good, why mess with it?

You're looking at a real pain in the ass swap. You'd also have to find a bellhousing, flywheel and clutch to mate the T5 to the 2.3L, and that's assuming that you can find a pilot bearing to fit the 2.3L T5 to the 3.8. You would also have to figure out wiring, fuel lines, get fox 3.8 motor mounts, do the exhaust, and who knows what else.

I would have to give you an "I don't know" for both questions.

I dunno about the clutch parts. If you can get a cable clutch bellhousing, you can probably use the regular fox clutch cable setup. If you can only get a hydraulic bellhousing, then you might be able to use SN95 stuff, but again, I'm the wrong person to ask. I don't know jack about the 3.8.