Swapped cars...PICS of new ride.

SVT32VDOHC

waiting for the next hack atta
Founding Member
Nov 22, 2001
Motor City
Mostly post in 5.0L Talk, but I'll put this here.

I had a 96 Cobra with 54K, tons of mods and a blower. Owned it since 2001, been trying to sell it for 6 weeks with no bites.

A friend had an 03 GT vert with 27K that is minty fresh, so we traded. He wanted a 4V car with a blower, and I wanted something easier to sell. I'll put it up this week I guess. So...........here are the pics.

My sig pic is of my 96. I will retain the sig pic I think, because that is what I have always used. When people change their sig pic, it confuses me....lol

View attachment 256481

View attachment 256482

View attachment 256483

DSC06282.jpg

DSC06290.jpg

View attachment 256486

View attachment 256487

View attachment 256488

View attachment 256489

View attachment 256490

She drives very nice. I just put a new set of Goodyear Eagle F1 All Seasons on there. I highly recommend these tires, they are awesome. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

The trade doesn't bother me. I have my 04, so I don't miss the 96. If I didn't have the 04, this thread would not be made.

As long as I get more out of this one than I could/would have got out of my 96, I'll be happy.

NADA guide states 14,500 retail, 12,500 for trade in. I am not gonna ask 14,500, but somewhere close. Car needs nothing so there won't be much to be picky about.

Hate to say it but sounds as if your friend got the better end of that deal. A 54k cobra with a blower is hard to come by. You can still find plenty of low mileage new edge verts.....

We are both happy. Last year at this time I had 3 Mustangs and couldn't stand it, this year I have 2 and can't stand it. This car is easier to sell than my 96. I'm want to make a quick sale. The 96 had too many mods, people were too worried.

nice! but don't spill anything on that interior or you will cry! lol

:lol: I'm sure I would.

I couldn't believe how many heads turned and how many compliments I got on this car this weekend. Everywhere I went people wanted to talk. It's that clean.

Do people like 99-04's better than 94-98's? BTW....this is the first time I have NOT HAD a 94-98 body style in my garage....:nonono:

Yeah people love V-8s and a vert, its an American thing :shrug:

I am kinda bummed dude. Last night I decided if I couldnt get another Termi for $20,000 I would just fly up and buy your 96. IDK it only had 54K on it cause that would of simplified my decision.
Oh well, I didnt have the money right now and I am sure plenty of perople will say "Oh, I would of bought it!" :nonono:

Yeah people love V-8s and a vert, its an American thing :shrug:

I am kinda bummed dude. Last night I decided if I couldnt get another Termi for $20,000 I would just fly up and buy your 96. IDK it only had 54K on it cause that would of simplified my decision.
Oh well, I didnt have the money right now and I am sure plenty of perople will say "Oh, I would of bought it!" :nonono:

I had a guy call me Sunday morning about it. I thought he was gonna pull that card, but he didn't. He just told me he was interested in the Cobra. I told him about this GT, but hey....those are two totally different cars.

What a POS. Dude, that white vert is the worst car I've ever seen in my life.

:jester:

I guess that short commute Jay had kept the miles off of her. :D

I'm sure he's having fun in the 96 now!

:lol: I thought you'd recognize that car. :rlaugh: Yeah, he didn't drive it much, that's for sure. You should see the underneath. It was clean to start with, but I still sprayed Simple Green front to back and powerwashed it, and it looks like it has 5,000 miles on it now. It's super clean in and out.

:lol: I thought you'd recognize that car. :rlaugh: Yeah, he didn't drive it much, that's for sure. You should see the underneath. It was clean to start with, but I still sprayed Simple Green front to back and powerwashed it, and it looks like it has 5,000 miles on it now. It's super clean in and out.
Yeah, I talked to Jay about it. He was ecstatic about this swap with you! Those are both some clean ass cars. :nice:

GT JAY on here.

dang, why didnt you ask me for my 03gt, i woulda totally traded.

nice stang btw, i dont think i have ever seen a mustang with white interior. Be careful.

HAHA...Yeah, I know man, a lot of people would have jumped on it. This trade was just right for the both of us. I've had the 96 since 2001, I was 19/20 years old.:(

Debating if I want to get busy putting the stock H-pipe back on it, and the pullies. I know that Prochamber would quiet down my 04 Cobra. My tuner said he tunes conservativley enough that I wouldn't need a new tune going from cats to no cats.