Swapping my 03 GT for a 5.0 project

WhiteDevil69

Sep 15, 2003
Tucson, AZ
Selling the 4.6 to get a 18-20k project car underway. :banana: Decided on a 94-95 GT with low miles for the body. Figure this will give me a nice solid motor to use for my daily driver while i setup my new motor to swap in. I was thinking about a DSS 331 or 347 with forged internals/crank and 8.5 compression with afr205 heads, a trickflow intake, and FTI custom ground blower cams. Was nervous because i head of problems with the 347's longevity, is this true if you have cams designed specificly for one? :shrug: Also how much power do you guys think this would be at before a blower or turbo? Before i add the power adder im definitly going to get a T-56 tranny or a TKO or something and probly a 9" rearend. Also, does anyone have a dyno graph of a N/A motor like this? I want to see what kind of power adder will be best. If I have very nice low end tourqe with just the motor, which i think i will, then i would have a hard time justifying the high priced Kenne Bell or even a turbo at that point. A centri blower would be fine as long as the tq curve is nice an flat across the board. Any suggestions on my plan and definitly any downsides/problems i should be aware of before blowing 5000 on a motor. Thanks guys, I am open to all suggestions/opinions. :nice: :flag:

• Sponsors (?)