Swapping svt focus pump to GT pump question

mat82284

Jul 31, 2003
I've been waiting over a week for my tuner to send me a new tune file to swap my dual svt focus pumps to dual GT pumps. I'm tired of waiting and I want to install them today since its the weekend and I have time. Will my car's current tune adapt and lower fuel amounts? Is a new tune file right now necessary? Can I get away with driving it for a week without one?

I'm buying the svt pro racer package soon to retune my car. I'm tried of crappy ass tuners and paying them hella money just to stiff you later on. I was going to go back to my tuner for an ethanol tune, but after trying to get 1 little simple change done to my tune I decided it's not worth it. I've been waiting almost 2 weeks now for that stupid file. He's stalling and its really irritating. Its kinda like, "haha I got your money now i do as i wish".

• Sponsors (?)

I self tune and from what I know your car should be fine. I have dual 255lph pumps in an 03 Cobra tank on my 03 GT and I have never had a problem. There is an option in Sniper that allows me to select the type of fuel pump set-up I have and I leave it at the stock setting. I monitor my fuel pressure often and I've never had any problems at all. Some professional tuners are scams because they want you to come back to them for every little change you make and then they hit you for extra money each time...