swapping v-8 into donor car

old_blue

15 Year Member
Nov 3, 2003
Ok, I have decided to just swap my motor into another fox body. The DMV is worthless in helping me with my paper work so I guess I must just stole my mustang.... they are morons. I am going to have to find another fox body but would love it to be another v-8 so I dont have to do much work. What I need to know is what I will need for a 4 cyl or 6 cyl swap if that is what I find. I have read a few articles in the mustang mags and they are prtty informative. Mine is a 5 spd so i hope to find another 5 spd car so i dont have to switch out the pedals (hrd that sucks) . And after I am done stripping my GT I am taking it to a junk yard to be crushed, hate to see it go but if I cant have my baby then no one will. So if anyone has any ideas on the swap please advise!

• Sponsors (?)

If you already have one then you need nothing but a donor car. If the donor is the same year or about the same say 87-93 are all interchangable. Can you give more detail to what car you have and which one you want?

I have a 1989 GT MAF H.O. 5 spd with a sunroof (i am heart broken I cant have this car) and am looking for another fox body lx or gt 87-93 preferrable 89 and above for the MAF and prefer a 5-spd as well so i dont have to sw out the pedals

In that case your gonna find only 4 cyl or 8 cyl like the one you have. I myself am looking for a 4cyl so my insurance is lower. The swap is pretty srtaight forward. If you pick a 4cyl the suspension, drivetrain, and motor all need to be swapped and I believe the k members are different too

personally, I am going to tell the ins company I have a v-8 so incase anything gets stolen I wont get screwed out of all my hard work, although they still wont give me full value, atleast it will be something. I need to do this b/c i cant get the pink slip to the car transferred to my name unless i can get a notary to stamp an already signed bill of sale. then i have to get the original finance company to apply for a new title! so far i havent accoplished step one. Since no notary will do that I have to send the people a blank bill of sale and have them sign it in front of a notary. but, I cant find he people. they left hawaii a year ago and the chance of doing this for me anyways is slim to none.... that is my story! LOL

50Dreamer said:
In that case your gonna find only 4 cyl or 8 cyl like the one you have. I myself am looking for a 4cyl so my insurance is lower. The swap is pretty srtaight forward. If you pick a 4cyl the suspension, drivetrain, and motor all need to be swapped and I believe the k members are different too

The k members are the same between 4cyls and V8's. I think the only fox to have a different one were the old 6cyl cars.

kewl thanks, i got all the parts from my v-8 anyways, i just need to know if it is a speed density car do i have to take my entire wiring harness out and put it int he donor car??