Sway bar bushing what to do

MysteryMachine

Jun 21, 2003
Parkesburg, PA
Well i found out tonight that I ordered the wrong damn bushings and nobody carrys them so they have to special order them. Is it worth the wait for reordering Energy ones or should i just see if i can get a set of stock replacements tomorrow and get my damn car back together

• Sponsors (?)

Your call there. I prefer poly (the stock bushing is a fairly aggressive durometer anyhow though).

I just got mine (30mm).
Good luck.

yeah. i just want to be able to drive it a few times beofre the snow comes lol. That and my Ram threw the torque converter clutch solenoid/overdrive soleniod performance code and from what i hear its a pack in the trans so i want that fixed before the snow so it don't die on me. the idea of having 2 cars so you always have a back-up don't seem to be working at the moment

Guys remove the front anti-sway bar for weight transfer help when drag racing. However, that is nit optimal on the street. Sure you could drive with no sway bar, but be aware that the front end might wallow and feel vague.

Since our bar can have different specs than a fox bar, it can be hard to find bushings locally.

Good luck.

yeah I went out today and bought a caliper tool just to double check my measuring before i reordered them and found out my bar is like a 30MM so I was way off on everything i only had like 28.5 ones before. Went to pepboys and ordered the right Energy greaseable ones this time should be in, in 3-5 business days. Maybe by next week the car will be done:rolleyes:

Thanks for your help

Good call. IIRC, the part number for the 30MM's should have been ES-4.5167 and end links listed as 9.8124 IIRC.

I have a 30MM bar also.

LoudToy958 said:
Looks like you got it figured out. Glad to see that. I see JT has been helpin ya tackle it out. Didn't mean to dissapear on ya, I had to duty so I couldn't leave work for 28 hours. Hope it all works out. PICS when done.

yeah you deserted me crapola lol jk yeah getting if figured out know for sure when the new ones come in. All this screwing around with the bar scratched it up i had it painted so it looked somewhat nicer. Oh well not like anybody is gonna be looking under the car anyway

We have to think, what would Shane do? He would either:
A) get a new 2" sway bar.
B) send this one out for powdercoating.

:)

lol but I blew the budget i never set but i know i blew it. Shop told me like 300 for a used spindle new strut putting it in and alignment. I was like i'm not doing it half ass and only changing one strut i'll do it myself change all the struts/shocks, and paint stuff as its off. Well that turned into new shocks/struts, U/L control arms in the rear,stock replacement axle to UCA bushing, end link kit, control arm bushings, swaybar bushings (x2 lol) (all Energy Suspension), Ball joints, new hubs, and all the misc paint, tools, nuts and bolts, then a new abs sensor cause i broke one, and the couple things I used for hiding my strobe wires in the fender (amp fuse thing and a grounding block), Luckly I had a friend when i started this project that bought me the cc plates and bumbpsteer kit.

Oh and **** to polish up my rims while they were off oh and caliper rebuild kits for the front that i only did to one side cause it was a pain in the ass. (Thanks Shane lol) I hope the caliper works or i'll be buying a new one of them too, and new lug nuts. LOL i save this and i think of other stuff i had to buy

Think thats it lol i can't remember

I think you left a couple things out - out of the entire LRS catalog. :rlaugh:

That is how it goes with this stuff. I feel your pain (I dont have parts money).

Shane will be sleeping for the next 20 hours now. :D

there probably would have been more if I would have heard about it before I bought some of the stuff I did. I bought stuff then people on here where like oh this works great so much better then stock, 03 contol arms for instance but i already had the bushings and **** to redo my stockers so i kept them

Well was told pepboys called today after i woke up (work nights so I sleep most of the day lol) so i was excited got there picked up my bushing walked out to the truck which I happen to have my swaybar sitting in on the floor in the back pulled one out poped it on and it didn't close all the way there was a hugh gap. I was like WTF so i looked at the box which said 1 1/16. I walk back inside look at the cataloge 1 1/16 which is 27MM. I asked for 30MM. Walked back out to my truck put them back in the box walked back in and teh girl says are you returning I was like I just picked them up and they are wrong teh ohter girl which remembered me from before when i wanted parts that they said they would have for me and didnt was like aww i'm so sorry are you serious I said yes i am so se told me to go back and ask for 2 guys that work in teh back i walked back and the kid sais will Bobby is here and just stood there liek a dip**** then told the guy i wanted to talk to him, He was like "what do you want" I said i ordered parts they are wrong she said to ask for you or this other guy he said was it a some type of order on one of these sheets. I said i have no idea i talked to a kid he ordered from the computer he goes you don't want me you need to talk to one of these guys i don't deal with that and walked away TOTAL DICK. Other guy comes over asked what i need then i have to tell him where to find it and how to type in the the computer. The whole time all i kept saying was "I just want my right Damn parts" they **** it up again i'll go out of my way to go the the other store if i need anything for pepboys i was so pissed. Then comes to find out the ones the kid ordered the first not were not only the wrong size but he didn't get the greaseable ones like i asked for crapola :mad: :bang: :Damnit:

Ok sorry i'm done