Sway Bar Diameter - Performed a Search - HELP

I have an 89' LX 5.0 and need to replace the sway bar bushings... I am trying to replace with Energy Suspension bushings, but I need the diameter of the sway bar.. I don't have the tool to measure this.. Is It 30mm, 1 1/4, 1 5/16, or 1/38. The sway bar is stock. Thanks....

• Sponsors (?)

I'm sorry I don't know the size, but when I pulled the stock bar out of my 94 GT, the bar was all gouged up where the bushings contact. It probably hadn't been lubed since it was new. I doubt that the bar will be as effective as it should with new bushings and a gouged up mating surface. Perhaps you should check this out first, and if bad, consider a new bar.

Honestly I'm not sure how 'much' difference it makes with a gouged up bar. Perhaps new bushings would be ok. I'm just going on common sense in that the bushings are not contacting the bar as engineered. Maybe someone else could provide insight.

Rick

i used a Vernier caliper to measure it, but you can use a soft tape measure (like a seamstress uses) to get the circumference. Then divide that by pi.

good luck.

Stang8URMPRT said:
LOL... I hope he's already got those measurments, considering it's been like a year and a half. LOL
dude, i thought you brought this back from page 6, not the first thread ever posted on SN. :D

You are bored.

tsgman01 said:
I have an 89' LX 5.0 and need to replace the sway bar bushings... I am trying to replace with Energy Suspension bushings, but I need the diameter of the sway bar.. I don't have the tool to measure this.. Is It 30mm, 1 1/4, 1 5/16, or 1/38. The sway bar is stock. Thanks....

Stock front sway bar on an '89 is 1 5/16" or about 1.3".