sway bar end link

stang88tn

Nov 13, 2005
Knoxville,TN
Hey guys I need help. I am doing a 5 lug conversion on my fox using
SN95 spindles. I am replacing the end links from the swaybar but I cant get them in, is there some kind of magic to do this. I have the spindle bolted up to the strut and ball joint in place, every thing is together and cant get the end link in place. I have tried putting the endlink in first but I cant get the spindle to bolt to the strut. Am I doing something wrong here.
All help appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

Let's post on this thread and Daggs can move the whole thing.

The end links are the last thing I install. However, if you have the car jacked up funny, you wont get them installed. YOu have to hose around with it to get the nut on the link threaded on if this is the case.

Good luck.

I just went through that same problem last night. Only way I could get it to fit is if I jacked the car up, put on jacks stands and then used the jack with a 2x4 to jack up the A-arm. I had to place the 2x4 at the very edge near the rotor to get the suspension to compress rather than lift the car. It might not be the right way and a whole lot could of gone wrong but i was out of ideas. I had to jack the suspension up very slowly and keep on the jack stands. It did work tho. I was so worried about it falling off the stands I had all 4 under the car.

Ive got everything bolted up except the link. I was told to put the link in last. Now it semes the like is to long. If I losen the castle nut from the ball joint the lower control arm will come down and I can put the link in place. Then if I do that and jack up under the control arm to raise it up it doesnt meet up with the hole on the spindle.

stang88tn said:
Ive got everything bolted up except the link. I was told to put the link in last. Now it semes the like is to long. If I losen the castle nut from the ball joint the lower control arm will come down and I can put the link in place. Then if I do that and jack up under the control arm to raise it up it doesnt meet up with the hole on the spindle.
I think I know where you're at.

I have had to install an end-link without the top-most bushing (just for 2 minutes). Leave the top donut off and just thread the nut on a little bit. Now jockey the jack around and compress the LCA. It will push the link up through the hole. Being all careful and all that, you can remove the nut and put the last rubber donut on the top, and then the nut. Does that make sense? That's how I did it last time because I was too lazy to jack the car up properly (I was working on one side at a time).

Good luck.

I just did this, I could not get them in all the way with the wheels off the ground. I drove the front up on ramps and with the weight still wheels they went right in with no problem.