swaybar to remove or not to remove??

• Sponsors (?)

Well, Mr. "big-wood", I can tell you this.
You will A: lose a few pounds= faster
B: get more weight transfer to the rear= more traction
C: notice a slight wandering feeling on the street when steering
I was told that if you were to replace the rear control arms with boxed type units, or replace the bushings in the factory ones with harder bushings (pain in the keester) , you would not notice a differance in the handling.

My advise is this; if you are into cornering...leave it on, if you are a straight liner (like me) pull it off and ebay it. Buy the boxed rear control arms and get lots of extra traction. my .02 :spot:

it's jsut there to help get rid of the "roll over effect" get rid of it if your car is just a weekend warrior, just before you do happen to corner fast try it out at a slower speed to see how it reacts without it. it's gonna feel weird cornering at first but it'll be ok.

TheUser said:
how much does this thing weigh? I mean, some people go through trouble to lose 20 lbs, which to me is not a big deal.

First of all it weighs 25 pounds. Second, it promotes weight transfer and effectively puts more power to the ground. All the removed weight adds up.

If you are cutting corners you may want to keep it. If you drag race alot and you are just worried about straight line stuff take it off. I have had mine off for 2 years.

Just unhook the trailing links on the swaybar and then take your car for a drive. You'll see a difference.

Even if you like hitting the corners a little, the sway bar makes little difference when deleted. Since removing mine, I think it handles a little better. It may have lost some steering response, but going into the corner without jerking the wheel it seems to have helped because the stock rear suspenion is so bad for cornering, when you let the front sway more, it seems to have evened it up.

I took out a lowered honda in the twisties last summer. We went around this corner at about 70mph, his understeer and skinny tires took effet and I used my much wider tires and wheels and oversteer comming out of the corner. It was stupid to do, but I got tired of hearing how thier cars think they can outhandle ours. :bs: