Sync update (2012 GT)

DavidPR

Jun 25, 2011
My 2012 Mustang GT has problems playing my iPod. I searched online and found that there is a Sync update that fixes this. I went to my dealer and they had no clue what I was talking about!? I also asked about disconnecting skip shift and they had no clue either.

Am I correct in that there is a Sync upgrade for a 2012 Mustang GT that fixes iPod connectivity problems?

• Sponsors (?)

Check the "Sync-My-Ride" website. If there is an update, it should be available to download there - download it to a USB flash drive and then upload it to your car via the USB port. There should be a procedure outlined somewhere on how to do it. Good luck.

disconnecting skip shift

I contacted Ford b/c I was getting no where with my service dealer re: skip shift. I told them that I felt it was unsafe and did not purchase the 5.0 for it's fuel economy. I advised them that Ford racing has a tuner that eliminates the skip shift, but I didn't not want to void my warranty. They responded that I could do the tuner , but it had to be installed by the delear. They sent me a letter authorizing the tuner which I gave a copy to the service dealer and I keep a copy in the glove box. As an added bonus, the first to second shift is smoother, no more skip shift, and a little more power. Good luck.

There is a Sync problem with newer cars. An ipod which plans just fine in my 2010 Mustang sometimes will not play at all in my wife's 2011 Fusion. It has nothing to do with naming songs, artists, etc. There is a software problem that Ford has not completely fixed.

My 2012 Mustang GT has problems playing my iPod. I searched online and found that there is a Sync update that fixes this. I went to my dealer and they had no clue what I was talking about!? I also asked about disconnecting skip shift and they had no clue either.

Am I correct in that there is a Sync upgrade for a 2012 Mustang GT that fixes iPod connectivity problems?

Hi DavidPR,

You may want to call our In-Vehicle Technology team at 800.392.3673 (option 1 then 3) for troubleshoooting tips. If that doesn't help, PM me your VIN with the details so I can assist.

Thanks!

There is a Sync problem with newer cars. An ipod which plans just fine in my 2010 Mustang sometimes will not play at all in my wife's 2011 Fusion. It has nothing to do with naming songs, artists, etc. There is a software problem that Ford has not completely fixed.

I'm not following you, I promise! ;) Whenever you see this, send over your info and I'll see what i can do.

~Natasha