Drivetrain T-5 To Auto Swap

Yes you're right. But the 4R70W truck transmissions also have the same bolt pattern as the 302's because they came with 302's...
The ones on the modular motors are diff bolt pattern. Are the truck transmissions longer? I will have to swap out the end of the trans for an output shaft from an aod for my driveshaft. From what I read the shaft is 1.5 on aod and1.6 on 4r and I need an early one for the speedometer to work.

• Sponsors (?)

The ones on the modular motors are diff bolt pattern. Are the truck transmissions longer? I will have to swap out the end of the trans for an output shaft from an aod for my driveshaft. From what I read the shaft is 1.5 on aod and1.6 on 4r and I need an early one for the speedometer to work.

Did you miss one of my previous posts?
I said '93-'96 truck transmissions will work. Up until '96 Ford used the 302 and 351 in their trucks. '97 was the first year of the Modular engines in the trucks.

Also, I'm not sure on the length. I do know for a fact that the regular AOD truck transmissions are shorter than the Lincoln car transmissions, and the Mustangs ones are shorter than the Lincolns. So, maybe Ford kept that same thing going and kept the truck 4R transmissions the same or close to the same length as the Mustang ones.

Did you miss one of my previous posts?
I said '93-'96 truck transmissions will work. Up until '96 Ford used the 302 and 351 in their trucks. '97 was the first year of the Modular engines in the trucks.

Also, I'm not sure on the length. I do know for a fact that the regular AOD truck transmissions are shorter than the Lincoln car transmissions, and the Mustangs ones are shorter than the Lincolns. So, maybe Ford kept that same thing going and kept the truck 4R transmissions the same or close to the same length as the Mustang ones.
No I didn't miss your post. I was just stating that the mod motors had a diff pattern, and I wasn't sure about length on the truck version.