T-TOP'in your stang

• Sponsors (?)

That would involve grafting on an entire roof section from a donor car ... which would just be absurd, as far as labor and total cost goes, not to mention that it probably won't line up for squat, may not be as scructurally sound in the end, and probably DE-values the car (mostly going to devalue the poor T-top Fox you hacked up to get the roof section from, in the first place).

DON'T DOOO EEEET!

:lol:

I know a few places around here that have done t-top or sunroof installs into full-roofed cars with no problems. I guess it's all in who does the work, as with anything.

Get Foose to do it... If he can get a team to convert a 4 door 57 Chevy into a 2 door 'vert... I don't think a T-top swap would be very hard for them :lol: Otherwise... buy a T-top fox - it would be cheaper.

Installing an aftermarket sunroof would be easy though...

All of the 'original' t-top cars started life as hatchbacks and coupes. The work was contracted out to Cars and Concepts (?) in Michigan. Same with the foxbody verts. So the idea of doing one aftermarket isn't that much of a stretch... I would never do it, however.

i thought of doing this myself in a friends bodyshop but instead decided against it. it can be done and if you live in michigan and you want this done send me an e-mail and will steer you in the right direction.in the end i bought an 88 t-top major project and i'm going to use the 87 clean roller for parts.

Carbed89notch did it wonderfully, he also somehow managed to marry a 2003 cobra hood with a stock steel hood!!! To date he has yet to name the price for that pc, and trust me my offers were generous....it's that good.

All t-top cars were from the factory full roof cars, they were all sent out to places that do convertable swaps. I've seen the inards of a t-top car and the t-top structure is riveted into place. As a body man it wouldnt be hard for me to do with the right amount of time put into it, but at that point I may just fab a targa top up. Converting to t-tops is definately possible with a donor car, depends if you want to spend the time of doing it.