t5 bellhousing question

cjrpony

Jan 23, 2010
West Michigan
I have been looking at getting a G Force T5 for my car and I have a question about bellhousings. I know the difference between the Fox BH and the SN95 BH. I just want to be clear on if I can use a Fox T5 and BH on my car. I think I would just need a spacer on my driveshaft, correct? I have the Ford Racing driveshaft. I would probably just buy a SN95 tranny, but in case I find a deal on a Fox tranny, I would like to be sure before I buy. Thanks for any info!

• Sponsors (?)

Some people say you do (I personally think its a good idea) some say you dont. There are a few people on here that are running a Fox T5 in their SN without a spacer and have reported no problems, so.... Though the SN95 spec trannys are a little harder to find, they are rated for a little more torque and reverse is synchroed unlike the Fox t5s. Insignificant to most people but they are advantages. If you can get a Fox T5 for cheap money, you could replace the Fox input shaft with an SN input shaft to get the proper length though it is much easier to find the fox bellhousing and tranny so thats probably a moot point.

I'm probably going to go with a lakewood bellhousing anyways. Just need to know for sure what will work in case a deal comes along. I assume the same rules would apply to a TKO trans also? If my stock T5 croaks before I get one, then I would just go with the SN95 spec trans. But I want to upgrade before that, while the stock tranny is still working and worth something:D