Drivetrain T5 Not Going In Gear

03Eastside

Active User
Sep 14, 2015
I am currently experiencing problem with my t5 I recently change clutch , pressure plate , and fly wheel . The clutch is a Ram Powrrgrip Clutch . I have a cnc 7/8 slave cylinder I have bleed it over and over again I went and purchase a Miata space cylinder and the car is still not going into gear .I have taken off the transmission off twice to make sure clutch disk was install properly . If any one will b so kind to help , I would also like to make
a reverse bleeder line if any one can give me the part number and were they bought the parts from

• Sponsors (?)

Does it go into gear with the engine off?

Since you are using non-standard parts, we need to know what your setup is. Did it ever work correctly? What's the application?

Then that suggests it may be a trans issue or a shifter issue. When the car off, you should be able to get the shifter into gear.
With the car off the transmission will take the gear but it won't go all the way into gear . For example I'll press the :poo: knob to first gear , the tramission will feel as if it is in gear but not fully engage in , and I'll turn the wheel to see if it took the gear and the wheels will move freely .

Then that suggests it may be a trans issue or a shifter issue. When the car off, you should be able to get the shifter into gear.
The motor is a 92 347 stroker the clutch I have is a stage 2 Power grip clutch from Ram. It is in my 00 bmw 323i I had the motor and trans before just stock . I think it is a dragging issue because when the car is off it will slide into gear but if I turn it on won't allow me to do so .

In that case, the standard answer would be that the clutch cable needs adjustment as it's dragging and preventing the trans from going into gear.

however, since your setup is custom, or quite different that the OEM Mustang setup, you really need to see how to get more throw in the clutch fork to disengage the clutch fully. Is there an adjustment anywhere?