T5 Swap Q??

• Sponsors (?)

using either Stinger's fine guide,

or my link on my T5 swap page you can answer your question quickly and by referring to the pics.

My page regarding the T5 install: http://140cilx.stangnet.com/custom3.html has a handy dandy link, click on it scroll down to see the wire harness plug under the dash AND scroll down further to see a pic of the wiring harness "plug in" at the driver side of the T5. As you look at the wiring harness "plug in" on your T5 tranny and the auto wires that are on your car, you can also just cut the connection on the auto wires, put on threaded connectors and use the auto wiring - like most people do. I bought the Ford harness from MPS in Atlanta cause I've got a weird picky personality flaw.

as far as "wires" go... this is what you do...

the speedo cable wire stays the same...

under the car there is a harness, and from that harness it plugs into ANOTHER harness... which is basically an adapter for the A4LD... you unplug that harness from the first one and plug your reverse light plug into that harness... and poof you have reverse lights... there is a neutral safety harness on the T5 but I didnt bother to use it...

then under the dash you need to look close to the steering wheel for a plug with a jumper wire. It should be a grey plug with just a wire comming otu of it and looping back into it. You need to unplug that, and plug that onto your clutch pedal neutral safety switch... then behind the AC controls under the dash there is another neutral safety switch you need to pull the jumper wire out of... then your car will start.

thats all for today's wiring lesson...