T5 to AOD conversion

fford

Founding Member
Nov 29, 2000
Palmyra, PA
I have searched for a thread for a fox stang to convert from 5 spd to auto with not much luck. I found a ton for the other way around. My question is the shift cable and shifter for the AOD how would you route it and how does the cable on the mustang throttle body go to the trans?

• Sponsors (?)

The shifter cable is not problem. Theres brackets on the shifter for it. The tv cable runs from the throttle body to the aod. I sold my stock set up because I put my motor/trans in a older fox an got a lokar kit for carb. You could prob use the lokar kit with the tb. You could also look for some one parting out a 87 plus stang.

The shifter cable is not problem. Theres brackets on the shifter for it. The tv cable runs from the throttle body to the aod. I sold my stock set up because I put my motor/trans in a older fox an got a lokar kit for carb. You could prob use the lokar kit with the tb. You could also look for some one parting out a 87 plus stang.

if you are planning on going from t5 to aod,, i will trade you!!:D i have a stock 5.0 minus exhaust and i want to do a t5 conversion

The reason I am looking to switch is due to the power level. I love my 5 spd but at 600 to the wheels @ 11 psi and looking to upgrade the block to a dart so I can get around 1,000 hp @ the wheels the swap seems to be inevitable. I was actually looking to use a TH400, my research so far has lead in that direction. Anyone here have experience with that conversion?

The reason I am looking to switch is due to the power level. I love my 5 spd but at 600 to the wheels @ 11 psi and looking to upgrade the block to a dart so I can get around 1,000 hp @ the wheels the swap seems to be inevitable. I was actually looking to use a TH400, my research so far has lead in that direction. Anyone here have experience with that conversion?

damn.. i was hoping for a trade for my aod.. doesn't look like that is happening.. haha do you wann sell your t5?

Not a bad swap idea'r, however, if you're gonna be upwards of 6-700hp, a TH400 or a 'Glide's the way to go.

I converted my '85 LX from a GForce T5 to an AODE.

If you wanna make it easy and not have to worry about a tv cable or any of that bs, get cha a manual and/or tranny brake valve body like I did with mine and be done with it. Only thing is, Performance Automatic makes an adapter for the VB to fit around the filter but, your best bet and the easiest way is to do an external filter.

Just my $0.02

Not a bad swap idea'r, however, if you're gonna be upwards of 6-700hp, a TH400 or a 'Glide's the way to go.

I converted my '85 LX from a GForce T5 to an AODE.

If you wanna make it easy and not have to worry about a tv cable or any of that bs, get cha a manual and/or tranny brake valve body like I did with mine and be done with it. Only thing is, Performance Automatic makes an adapter for the VB to fit around the filter but, your best bet and the easiest way is to do an external filter.

Just my $0.02
+1 that's what my plans are for mine. :D