T56 issue, check it out!!

hotpony

Founding Member
Feb 26, 1999
Lee County, KY
So anyways, had some issues with a bouncing clutch pedal lately and some squealing coming from the throw-out bearing area, so I pulled the trans the other day, saw something weird but it looked like it was supposed to be like that so I put a new bearing in it and some of the noise went away. Still getting the squealing at high rpm's so I pulled the trans again today, look what I found, if you can tell me what's wrong, you get free beer.

Attachments

• frontsleeve.jpg
    frontsleeve.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 80
  • frontsleeve2.jpg
    frontsleeve2.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 86
  • Sponsors (?)

Anybody seen this before? I searched for a couple hours on google for any others and I found a few that have done this, but no pictures or anything. Anybody know where i can get this sleeve or will I have to get the entire front adapter assembly?

Well, I found the front sleeve from D&D performance, they had everything in the stock, front seal as well as the o-ring, all for around $59. Overnighted was another $45 but hooray for D&D, once again, great service and the right parts on the shelf.

Mahalo

Well, I was able to get just the Throw-Out bearing sleeve from D&D Motorsports. I guess nobody has seen this before so I can only imagine to what has caused this mis-hap. Everything is smooth now so oh well!