t76 or vortech + nitrous?

should i go w/ vortech+nitrous or t76 turbo?

• T76

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Vortech/nitrous

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Now way should you start over. I'd consider it if you were N/A right now and they were similar price - thing about the turbo is all those damn parts that don't even help with power the you need in order to run the set-up. Some people want the exclusivity, but really they want to be popular on the internet - because how many people do you see around with a nitrous blower mustang - really?

• Sponsors (?)

Some people want the exclusivity, but really they want to be popular on the internet -
Bingo....people have been brainwashed into thinking turbo is the only power adder worth having now, that blowers are considered a "low grade" alternative by comparison. Truth be told, 90% of the turbo cars I've seen are either expensive and/or over complicated, look like they were throw together with NIM bin parts from a muffler shop and tend to run like **** on the street no matter how "streetable" their owners would like to believe them to be. To be honest, for every screaming fast Turbo car I've seen on the street, or at the track, I'll see 10 more of them that "just don't seem to be running right that day" :rolleyes:

I'll stick with the simplicity and reliability of belt drive thank you very much.

Stick with the blower and n2o unless ur looking for punishment. I agree with an above poster in u need to make sure the oiling system for it is up to par. check all ur lines before u hook it back up. I know of a lot of peps who run vortec and have great luck with them.

Turbos are fun and can be made to run good, but I too have seen too many turbo cars not run as expected and then many more blower cars scream.

Good luck and keep us posted.

well i had a problem with the blower overheating...i have never heard anyone w/ problems with the hellion kit..i'm really trying to decde....when my buddy had the bottom end that is in my car now, he was on 12 psi w/ a s trim and a 180 shot and only put down 481/535 which is really low which kinda makes me distraught bc i'm only gonna put a 125 on it if keep the blower....come on guys more opinions!!!

I'll tell you right now that the dyno was off or there was some major problems with that motor. 180shot on a NA motor would make near 400rwhp or more. That means that 12psi only picked him up 80rwhp and I think we all know thats not right.

If you want to send me a nitrous setup, I'll try it out for you. LOL

Like others have said I think you'll regret putting a turbo on it. I can see it as another car that will be for sale do to mechanical problems or because your tired of pumping money into it.

What I would do is send in your blower for a T-Trim upgrade ($500-$600) and sell the after cooler and buy and intercooler for it. The aftercooler isn't designed for high boost applications and don't keep as cool of IAT on the street. My IC keeps IAT just 10* over what the outside temp is.

Who has all these bad things to say about vortech? I'll take a shot in the dark and say procharger guys maybe? Problems with vortechs are minimal at best.

How is it that your buddy only put down 480hp with a 180 shot and 12 psi of boost? something doesnt add up because you can put down 350 to the wheels with ease with 6psi. What was the full combo and who tuned it? did he have ported heads and blower cams? sure doesnt sound like it.

8.5 to 1 compression ratio is too low for a centri blower. It should be at leas 9.0 at the minimum and 9.7 max. 8.5 is roots/twin screw territory. You will be giving up more then a little hp and tq in the low end running that setup.

the compression ratio is round 8.5:1 the motor is a nitrous motor from what he said...with the nitrous and the supercharger what is the smallest pulley i can put on the blower and be safe w/o overspinning the blower?

he was basically stock w/ the blower and nitrous no heads no cams maybe a tb/plenum and afm powerpipe

That still doesnt add up. with 12 psi and giggle juice no way he only made 480 at the wheels. again you can make 350 to the wheels with just 6psi (i know because i've done it) 12 psi should have put him over 400 to the wheels alone. That car probably wasnt tuned right. Dont let those numbers deter you from sticking with your vortech. jivepepper has made 600rwhp with the same blower.

i will as soon as she is done the motor is out of the car right now and i'm saving up for a p51 intake as well as a 26 spline input shaft for my t56 and a new fuel system so i can run everything...i'll put pictures up as soon as she is done!!!!

If it were my ride, I'd stick with the blower and the spray. You're already 3/4 of the way there, it would be kind of silly to start over now.

Not to mention blower + spray will own just the turbo alone....at least one that falls within the same price range.

Either one is going to require you to upgrade your entire fuel system.

Maybe kit for kit, but you can make a DIY turbo kit you cannot make a DIY S/C kit. A GT42R turbo > any blower kit.