Tach Install Question

T_5.0_N'works

Sep 30, 2003
Texas
Hey, I'am going to put in a 5'' Autometer tach on the passanger side of the drivers side dash board. Anyways, I have an aftermarket coil (MSD Blaster) I think and was told NOT to install the tach wire into an aftermarket coil for some reason, this true? Said it would burn the tach out quick. So were do I install the tach wire then? Also I would like the tach light to be able to dim using the dimmer switch, possible? I was told to tap into the headlight switch thing, what is this?

Thanks for your help.

Electronic Newb :nonono:

• Sponsors (?)

noo dont go that far, tap into the a/c-heater controls. less than a foot away :nice:
as far as tapping into the coil..does your coil retain the stock clip/plug? and were u thinking about tapping into the grean wire b4 the plug?

and ive never heard of killing the tach quicker with an aftermarket coil

Black331Stang said:
noo dont go that far, tap into the a/c-heater controls. less than a foot away :nice:
as far as tapping into the coil..does your coil retain the stock clip/plug? and were u thinking about tapping into the grean wire b4 the plug?

and ive never heard of killing the tach quicker with an aftermarket coil

Thanks, the heater/a/c controls sound good to me. :) I dunno if the MSD Blaster retaint eh stock clip/plug, just getting all the info together before I head outside. I wasn't thinking of tapping into the wire b4 the plug, I was told at teh connector.

Thanks