Tailpipes!!!

Hef5.0weisen

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Mar 5, 2004
NorthWest Florida
Last weekend, I put new heads, a Systemax 1 lower and roller rockers. That was fun, knocked the dust off the tools...pretty simple stuff.

Guess that sparked my inner mechanic....been doing a bunch of little fix it stuff. Actually...I think now that I'm not in Iraq or Afghanistan every few months, I got a bit of balance and stability back. I went from an operations squadron to a training squadron...now I get to train the new dudes to go out...let them deploy 4 on 4 off etc. Been home over a year (well had a few week/2 week trips here and there)..that's the longest stretch I've been home in the last 12 yrs. However, I volunteered to head out again...not sure when.

Anyway, about 2.5 yrs ago my h-pipe and tailpipes got shredded going over a speed bump. Replaced the H pipe, and got the LRS tailpipes. Not knocking them, but they didn't go on real easy. Tried to put em on, said eff it, put them in the attic, cut the old tailpipes to make some dumps, been like that for a while...until today. Took about an hour, little grinding and hacksawing...popped right in.

It is so nice to have tailpipes again. I only drove around the neighborhood and a parking lot to make sure they weren't hitting anywhere...good to go. But the sound...it's not deafening inside anymore.....at that point where I'm starting to like my car again!

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)