take a look

Ok guys bear with me and read it through and maybe you can walk me through RE-assembly this second time correctly.
I have this 1993 mustang coupe with a 5.0 ltr HO backed by a stock AOD. the block and heads were basically stock except for the following bolt ons: GT40 intake, 65 mm throttle body, 73 mm mass air (c&l), # 24 injectors, 1.72 roller rockers stud mounted, mac CAI, mac shorties, duals no cats H-pipe. when I bought it all these mods where on the car already. I decided to refresh the motor by replacing all the gaskets so I pulled the engine out and put it on a stand then proceeded to dissasemble it. by this time a friend of mine gave me a set of used E7 iron heads that had some work done (5 angle valve job on stock valves, port and polish and 560 lift dual springs) and he also gave me a used F-303 cam in grear shape. reluctantly I replaced the stock cam with the F cam and did not bother to have the heads sent to a machine shop and replaced the stock heads with the worked on E7's. once the cam and heads where on and I began to install the rockers again I installed lifters, pushrods and rockers in the same order they came off and also used the same shims that where on the stock heads. after final assembly and setting the timing it fired right up but I would hear the lifter knocking well after they should have stopped. well right when I am getting ready to re-check the torque down of the rockers I see the oil milky which only meant head was not flat and needed re-surfacing. OK so now I have the heads back from the machine shop and I have all the gaskets to re-assemble and would like info from the guys who have built this motor countless times ( your suggestions would be greatly appreciated) Question no 1: with this cam do I need to shim the pedestal mounted 1.72 roller rockers? NOTE the stock lifters and pushrods are being re-used.
Question no 2: on the torque down of the rocker arms I know that its 18 ft lbs but is there a particular order like in firing order or do i have to turn the crank and tighten each particular rocker down as the valve begins to close? Question 3: how much would you recommend I torque down the heads with a new set of ARP bolts and 30 wt oil?

• Sponsors (?)