Take me to intake school...JLT vs. KN

• Sponsors (?)

I am in the same exact boat as you. The JLT is the one I am leaning torwards, however with this CAI you may run into the problem where the intake rubs against the oil cap, or other space constraint issues. That is the only thing keeping me from making the final decision on which one. I'd hate to spend a whole day trying to get everything to fit correctly...

knew that was coming...i know the gains expected are minimal...but is there really a difference with the "cold air" from inside the fender well?

Also i kind of like the fact that the FIPK is K&N, and for some reason i feel that it is larger...

amongst this, however, im still starting to lean JLT...
I was not trying to imply anything with my question. I simply think both products you mention are equally good and that the deciding factor will most likely be looks :shrug:

I personally would go with JLT because I do not see K&N on the forums helping people and conducting market research like Mr Tucker does.

No trying to throw a spanner in the works but have you could look at the FRPP one it looks good also :nice:

very simular in looks to the K&N but the Ford racing one has a see through plactic cover shileding it from the engine so it will suck from the fender well better.

Oh! also it's a few bucks cheaper then the K&N FIPKII I bought K&N before I found out about FRPP :rolleyes:

Just adding my 2 cents worth.

Not what you were asking exactly, but I think you'd be better off keeping the K&N drop in like you have, maybe spending a little more and getting a TB/Plenum combo. You already have the drop in filter, the gain you'll get over an aftermarket intake tube will be minimal. The stock tubing is very large as far as factory intake piping goes.

i have the K&N FIPK and the quality is great, probably best on the market

would i buy it again? nope, i wouldn't waste my money on another air intake kit no matter the brand

if i were to do it again i'd just buy a k&n or any other reuseable filter, not for power (because you won't gain any) but because it's reusable. it's your money though

I had the FIPK in for 3 months and soon the heat shield rubbed a hole in the metal coolant hose for the A/C. I was NOT happy. My fault I guess for not checking for proper clearance, but I saw a lot of satisfied people on here who used it and just expected it to install perfectly.

Good system, but beware and don't be afraid to trim down the shield to make room for essential components. Lesson learned for me.

:(

Like Dragstr05 said,....the gains are minimal and your better off spending the money on a TB/PL combo..and if you have them already.....get some subframe connectors..you can have all the HP and TRQ in the world but with out proper suspension you aint going NO WERE !

I along with other people with JLT Ram Air intake have had issues with it. The big 4" intake tube will eventually break the seal of the OIL FILL. I had to replace my JLT intake becuase it would bounce against the oil fill cap and break that seal..so I had to re seal it...and I switched out my JLT for a K&N FIPK intake. The K&N intake has a smaller in diameter tube..and will NOT bouse against anything..I alao like the K&N intake better now cause for some reason my 1/4 mile MPH trap speed is ALWAYS over 100 MGH now...hmm

so..I would not recommened the JLT intake to anyone anymore. There was another thread on this same forum about someone having this same issue as well....

get the K&N...o wait...just so happens I have a brand/new NEVER opened K&N GEN II intake that I am selling for $140. if anyone wants it let me know.its for 96-04 mustang GT's obviously. PM me

I had the FIPK in for 3 months and soon the heat shield rubbed a hole in the metal coolant hose for the A/C. I was NOT happy. My fault I guess for not checking for proper clearance, but I saw a lot of satisfied people on here who used it and just expected it to install perfectly.

Good system, but beware and don't be afraid to trim down the shield to make room for essential components. Lesson learned for me.

:(

when I first iinstalled my K&N intake ...i did notice that the bottem bracket was rubbing against that metel hose...so I simply removed the bottom bracket and only use the TOP bracket...still works perfectly

K i can c were you're coming from Kilgore, but the way I look at it....Most of us will go Charger soon if there serious about there car and have the money, might as well get a TB/PL combo and not waste the money instead of a CAI kit and have to toss it down the road...