Take that elitist prius drivers

bradleyem

Apr 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
IMAG0029.jpg

:D

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, this new construction site that I'm working at has designated spots right up front for Handicapped (understandable), Car pool (like ANYONE is going to carpool at this place in rural Ohio), and "Fuel Efficent Cars"....like those people aren't special enough already, now they get preferred parking. I wish that I had a military humvee......I'd take up three of their spots :D

The funny thing is, what are they going to do if a "non fuel efficent car" parks there? its not like there is any law that would allow them to give you a ticket.

And what EXACTLY is the standard for a "fuel efficent car"?

I find the whole idea totally laughable........

Yeah, this new construction site that I'm working at has designated spots right up front for Handicapped (understandable), Car pool (like ANYONE is going to carpool at this place in rural Ohio), and "Fuel Efficent Cars"....like those people aren't special enough already, now they get preferred parking. I wish that I had a military humvee......I'd take up three of their spots :D

The funny thing is, what are they going to do if a "non fuel efficent car" parks there? its not like there is any law that would allow them to give you a ticket.

And what EXACTLY is the standard for a "fuel efficent car"?

I find the whole idea totally laughable........
Nope, no authority to ticket or tow whatsoever. Just like the spots for pregnant or expecting mothers at Wal-Mart.

I hate lots of Prius' drivers. They are very smug. My experience is they make a right turn, get in front of me, and leave it in electric mode. :mad:

that's what second and third gears are for, plus a little flash of; "you're number 1" !!

Besides, like someone else said, look at all the gas they save that we get to use doing smoky burnouts and 6 grand shifts as we blow by the little, ugly bastard prius'.

I parked my 1-ton Dodge dually in one of those spots a few weeks ago. I had some hippy looking couple waiting for me at my truck. They bitched me out saying I took their spot for their hybrid and they had to park way out back. They also said I was personlly responsible for destroying the earth with my truck. I quess they would not like my blown and injected altered either. Anyway, I told them look into the mirror, you could use the exercise, the walk lowered your carbon foot print on my planet.

Man! Why can't I have someone waiting for me like that! That would be awesome. ::Sigh:: Good response Marc to the hippies, that really made me laugh out loud!

Yeah, and the sad thing is that some of the most fuel efficent cars are not even available in the U.S. There are diesel cars that get 80+ MPG, but because of the anti-diesel sentiment of the U.S.,they are not allowed to be imported.

I have nothing against wanting to save fuel, or wanting to help save the environment, but it's the attitude of the people who drive these cars that bothers me. Although they do get better milage than most cars, the difference in MPG is not that great, especially when you consider what you have to give up to drive one. Most of these cars are not comfortable at all, have absolutely no cargo room, and would be a tin can in an accident, not to mention a complete lack of performance, or in some case even the ability to safetly accelerate on the freeway. Plus, consider the environmental impact of disposing of the spent batteries, and the cost to replace them.

So, when a car can be completely unreliant on fossile fuels, and powered by renewable energy, then maybe the people who drive them may be deserving of the attitude.

And, I read in Wired magazine a couple of years ago that if you buy a new Prius, you have to drive it 100,000miles to make up for all the greenhouse gasses created when the Prius is built. They said you would be better off buying a 10 yr old Tercel that gets 35mpg and driving it. Now I think global warming is all a bunch of crap and is simply a warming trend. But for all the green hippies out there, I would love for them to actually look into something and research it and find out there Prius has destroyed more of the ozone. Sweet sweet irony.

I think George Carlin said it best. He said, the earth has huge natural disasters, floods, earthquakes, volcanoes, etc. After people have disappeared and the whole earth is just wild again, you think it gonna care about some plastic bags?

Funny thing is that I left the cruise control on the other night while driving my buddy home. I had it set to 65mph and the highway I was on is mostly flat. According to the build-in info system in my '06 V6 'vert, I was averaging 31 mpg.

I guess I could park in that spot. View attachment 237321

I drive a Prius as a company car (work for the Govt.) and it's not a bad car and with the right driving I can actually get it going pretty quickly (I've passed with ease a lot of "faster" cars at onramps and such just by driving it right). You'd be amazed at how a vehicle reacts when they are propelled by a motor (the electric one) that achieves full torque at 0RPM the car actually loses steam when the gas engine takes over and that's sad. Finally I took one for a long trip from Texas to Florida and Back with less then 60 bucks worth of gas. Now that's cool.

Now that I got that out of the system it's important to separate the car from the driver. Don't disrespect the car for what it does, because it does it well, it's the drivers that give it the rep. Just think what happened to Hondas (Civics in particular).