Taking a bike trip through Canada advise on stops

Himark

Founding Member
May 24, 2002
Myself and my two brothers along with my dad are taking a trip going through the eastern side of Canada Leaving from Springfield MA. from July 1- July 18th. I would like if anyone has any good sites to see or summer events that are a cant miss to post them for us.. It is not in concrete so if you know of something close by dont hesitate to post it... thanks

Tentative Milestones

In the Truck

From To Miles
Lincoln, NE Springfield, MA 1414

On the Bikes

Springfield Boston, MA 90
Marblehead, MA 15
Salem, MA 4
Beverly, MA 3
Manchester-by-the-Sea 8
Ipswich, MA 10
Newburyport, MA 11
Hampton Beach, NH 10
Portsmouth, NH 17
Seabury, ME 12
Kennebunkport, ME 24
Ocean Park, ME 20
Cape Elizabeth, ME 24
Portland, ME 10
Falmouth, ME 6
Porter Landing, ME 13
Bath, ME 20
Boothbay Harbor, ME 23
Thomaston, ME 38
Lincolnville, ME 20
Belfast, ME 12
Bar Harbor, ME 58
Calais, ME 126
Saint John, New Brunswick 71
FERRY RIDE Kingston, Nova Scotia 0
Yarmouth, Nova Scotia 104
Liverpool, Nova Scotia 99
POSSIBLE TO Halifax, Nova Scotia 90
NEWFOUNDLAND Charlottetown, Nova Scotia 155
Fredericton, New Brunswick 211
Quebec, Quebec 370
Montreal, Quebec 158
Ticonderoga, NY 130
Bennington, VT 90
Springfield, MA 88
Total Miles 2140

In the Truck

Springfield, MA Lincoln, NE 1414

Round Trip Miles 4968 miles

BTW anybody looking to buy new/used one trip goldwings we are going to be selling them with free shipping anywhere on our route back across the eastern midwest.

• Sponsors (?)

South Western New Brunswick...

Definatly, St. Andrews.
Find the roadside resturant named... ah dang, I forget, I'll get back to you, best sea food ever... I'll get the name.
Don't let Saint John get you down... make your way to Downtown, that area is nice.

Nova Scotia...

anywhere in the Annapolis Valley will be beautiful.
Lunenburg, home of the fastest schooner ever, and is the ship on the cdn dime.
Peggys Cove.

Alexander Keith's is the beer of Nova Scotia, drink up... visit the Brewery in Halifax... frickin' right downtown.

Cape Breton...

Definatly Louisbourg, reconditioned 1800's fort on the coast.
Definatly the Cabbot Trail, one of the nicest sea board drives in the world...
Inverness.

Newfoundland...

you realize that is like, a 9hr boat ride right?
get a room on the boat to lay down for a while.

Gros Morne Park, plan a boat ride thru the fiord(sp?)
If you stay in Corner Brook, have lunch at My Brothers Resturant, geat veiw looking out over the city and into the bay.

Make sure to have some god ol' Jocky Club beer.
Be afraid of the Scheetch! No worm in it, but the devils drink to be certian.

Prince Edward Island...

West point, beautiful un-crowded beaches with fun surf.
Stop in Richmond for ice cream... right along side the road in a hollow, accross from a trucker's house... you'll know it when you see it.

On your way back across New Brunswick...

Fundy National Park.
Some great eaing to be done in Alma, which lays at the base of the Park.
Catch of the day, is, catch of the day, bought off the vessel parked outside the resturant.

Fredericton.

I would stay at the Lord Beaverbrook.
Please, have lunch at Joe's Dinner, in Barkers Point. Best home cooked meal you'll have on your journey. Don't be afraid, it's good eatin'. If Pat is working, tell her I say Hi!.
Make sure to go downtown, to Dolan's and the Lunar Rouge, make sure you're out on a Friday night tho. Have a pint at Piccaroons, right beside Dolan's, up the big outdoor stair. If they are still brewing thier Whale Ale, that is good stuff.
Visit Officers Square.
Take in a senior Lacrosse game while in town.
Have breakfast at Cora's... on Queen Street between Carelton and York, bring an appetite.

There's so much more, but, I dunno how much time you are taking or how far off the beatn' path you'd venture.

When youget to Saint John there are some cool things to check out like Reversing falls (For someone that has never seen water flow uphill it is cool)

Fundy Park (Highest tides in the world)

Fredericton, Take note of Franks Finer Diner) 50 style cafe great food if you don't like the pie double your maney back :)

While IN Saint John (not sure how long you will be in town for) About 45 min away is a little town called Saint Martin's. You guys may want to check it out. Nice place, on the ocean, caves to explore etc etc.

Born and raised in Southern NB lots of good stuff here. We have a lot to offer that most people don;t even know about.

Gixxer750 said:
While IN Saint John (not sure how long you will be in town for) About 45 min away is a little town called Saint Martin's. You guys may want to check it out. Nice place, on the ocean, caves to explore etc etc.

You are so correct.
I forgot to mention that.
What is the name of the trail to walk up there?

Oh, on the way to Fundy Park, check out Cape Enrage!
beautiful inlet, tall bluffs, clean air, light house... so beautiful, I proposed to my now wife there.

I know it is on the entire other side of Canada, but :

Vancouver and its islands. Whistler, Stanley park, Canada centre. Best place I have ever been in my life. I will eventually live there

Hey I live in the valley, Grew up outside of liverpool and work in halifax lol. Maybe there is a chance to hook up when your out this way. Either way, when your in halifax, drop by point pleasant park to check out some rides (if its open now), the evenings are full of cruisers. There are many nice sights, and lots of ocean. Enjoy your self, and if you need anything , give a shout!