Taking awhile to start in the morning

1992blkGT

Mar 28, 2003
Beaverton, OR
Lately my car has been taking an awfully long time to start up in the morning. It used to start up in a few cranks every morning, but now sometimes it takes nearly 10 seconds to finally start up. It makes my car look like a real beater. It's strange because sometimes it will start up like usual, other times it will take forever. Any ideas? Does it sound like a fuel problem or ignition? I changed the fuel filter not too long ago, and I also put Autolite plugs and FRPP wires on. I'm thinking about getting new MSD wires and also cap/rotor, and I have a 255lph fuel pump standing by waiting to be installed. It runs normal once it's started, just starting it is the problem. Can anyone help? Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

couple things come to mind. try primin the fuel pump a time or two before trying to start. you may be bleedin off pressure overnight sometimes.
second idea, is that your timing is too advanced. being a little retarded, like me, is better for starting.

good luck.

HISSIN50 said:
couple things come to mind. try primin the fuel pump a time or two before trying to start. you may be bleedin off pressure overnight sometimes.
second idea, is that your timing is too advanced. being a little retarded, like me, is better for starting.

good luck.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^