taking off exhaust?

IndyBlk5.0

Nov 24, 2003
New Whiteland, IN
ok, i got my brackets for my mufflers and my tips off, now... how in the world do i get the exhaust tips off, i plan on dumping my flowmasters, but i want to try to sell my tips as they are not in bad shape. now how do i get those things off of there?!?!! my lord, only thing i could think of is cut the pipes and i really dont want to do that... :shrug: best suggestions please!

• Sponsors (?)

I've been thinking about dumping my flows also and ditching the tail pipes. Can i just cut it right at the muffler and take the pipes out and leave it like that? I think i read some were if you dont put a turn down on then it can heat up your gas tank is this true?

On my 91 gt i have fms shorty headers, mac o/f h pipe and dumped 40 series flows....yea you really get the exhaust fume smell under the car and if you have the windows open it can get kinda bad, especially with no cats, but i like that smell so it doesnt bother me. I went to autozone and bought bug turndowns and had them welded onto the ends of the muffs and angles out just a tiny bit. I dont get hardly any drone now with the o/r h pipe but i did with a high flow h pipe. It sounds good IMO helps the high RPM HP too...good luck man

yeah im looking for bass, even with my stock h pipe (with h not even connected, closed up so basically just running to different pipes) and tail pipes on my 2 chambers, i could stand beside my car and feel the bass of my car going through my body... that was only after i ported my heads though, ported heads made my car sound MEAN... sound be even louder with h pipe and dumps.

If you can get your pipes disconnected from your mufflers, it's fairly easy to snake them out from the rear, you might have to jack your car up to do so, but i didn't have to.

Too bad your nowhere near me.. i need some pipes.