Taking off upper intake manifold

jermy82

Founding Member
Feb 2, 2002
Sherman, Illinois
So I'm trying to do an injector swap in my car. First time I've ever done it so forgive the ignorance. Anyway, took off all the crap that you have to, vaccuum lines, wiring harnesses, TB, etc.... Got four bolts off the upper manifold, and two off the elbow that attaches it. So I think that's it as far as bolts are concerned, but I can't get the manifold to come off and can't figure out what is holding it on there. I'm pretty sure there's nothing below the "5.0 HO" plate, but that's stuck on too, but let me know if there is. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm pretty sure there's nothing below the "5.0 HO" plate
Might want to check under it ;) I think theres like 2 bolts under that plate, or just one. I had to drill out the tops of the screws holding the plate on, then use a pry bar and hit it under the plate witha hammer to get it off.... But thats only because the screws on mine were stripped.

you can leave the tb and elbow attached. there are 6 bolts. 2 on either end and 2 under the 5.0 plate. save yourself some trouble and remove the regulator from the fuel rail, it makes getting to the back passenger side bolt much easier. just be sure to disconnect all your sensors and vacuum lines.

Ok, got it done. Wasn't too hard really. Took the TB off just cause I thought I had to before I read this...at least it was out of the way. Good advice about the regulator. Only thing is I've got a fuel pressure guage on there that when I popped the fuel rail off, I bumped the glass on it on the intake and broke it. Still works, but looks like crap. Oh well, it's runnin like a champ.