Tampa Area Car Show/Meet

5-SpeedStallion

Founding Member
Mar 28, 2002
Tampa, FL
Hey guys,

Obviously this is for the guys that live near Tampa, like OxMox, Engage, 66, etc. Although, if you want to drive a ways, you can. :D

Anyway,

My chuch is planning a car show for Sunday, March 5, so I figured this could be a good time for some of us to get a meet together. You guys and any of your friends are all welcome to be in the show. Registration is free and, while we are still working out details, there will be prizes, I just don't know what they are or what they're for, yet. Oh, and it will be in the early afternoon, say 1pm or so. I'll get more details and scan in the flyer soon. I forgot a location. My church is very near Raymond James Stadium.

It probably won't be a huge show (the organizer is shooting for 50 cars), but it's a good chance to get a Tampa meet together and you might even win something. Plus, it'd be cool for this to be a Mustang-dominated show.

So, let me know if you have any questions or if you're interested.

Thanks guys. Hope you can come.

Blaine

[URL=http://imageshack.us] carshowflier6nd.jpg [/URL]

Attachments

• carshowflier6nd.jpg
    carshowflier6nd.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 109
  • carshowflier6nd.jpg
    carshowflier6nd.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 111
  • carshowflier6nd.jpg
    carshowflier6nd.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 114
  • Sponsors (?)

Sounds like fun, too bad i gotta work, but do yourself a huge favor if ya want a good mustang show, joing the stang gang @ thestanggang.com and post it up there im sure you could get a few of them/us ta check it out as most of us are true attention whores ;):nice:

Engage47 said:
Sounds like fun, too bad i gotta work, but do yourself a huge favor if ya want a good mustang show, joing the stang gang @ thestanggang.com and post it up there im sure you could get a few of them/us ta check it out as most of us are true attention whores ;):nice:

Yeah, I thought about posting it up there. I probably will now that you mention it. It's too bad you can't come, but thanks for the idea.

Blaine

I'll try to make that. Hopefully I can get my roommates to bring their Mustangs too. I would suggest to the director that he contact any car clubs in the area to get a decent turnout of quality cars.
Keep us updated with directions and such. as things develop.

Another cool show is coming up on April 1 in Polk City.
http://www.fantasyofflight.com/pdfs/mustangsflyer.pdf
There's always A LOT of Fords, and you get a picture of your car with a P-51. Plus there's the airplane exhibits, and they usually have a couple P-51's patroling the airways during the show. You have to pay to register, but it's still cheaper than buying tickets to get into Fantasy of Flight.

[QUOTE='66 coupe]I'll try to make that. Hopefully I can get my roommates to bring their Mustangs too. I would suggest to the director that he contact any car clubs in the area to get a decent turnout of quality cars.
Keep us updated with directions and such. as things develop.

Another cool show is coming up on April 1 in Polk City.
http://www.fantasyofflight.com/pdfs/mustangsflyer.pdf
There's always A LOT of Fords, and you get a picture of your car with a P-51. Plus there's the airplane exhibits, and they usually have a couple P-51's patroling the airways during the show. You have to pay to register, but it's still cheaper than buying tickets to get into Fantasy of Flight.[/QUOTE]

Hey, glad you are considering coming... and definately bring all your friends :). Oh, and good idea contacting all the local clubs. I've posted this on several forums, so I'm actually hoping for more than 50 cars, but we'll see... as long as there's a lot of Mustangs :D.

Also, I went to the "Mustangs and Mustangs" thing last year. It's definately a nice show. Cool planes and a lot of nice Mustangs and such. I picked up a 5.0 Mustang subscription there, too. 3 years subscription, 2 free mags at the show, and a 5.0 Mag T-shirt... for $30. Pretty dang good deal.

Oh, and I looked at the flyer and picked up a little more info:

Sunday, March 5, 2006
12:30-4:00pm
Christ Community Church
6206 N. Himes Avenue
Tampa, FL 33614

Registration from 11:30-12:30

I can give you the directions or you can just mapquest it, whichever's easier. I can even pre-register you if you want. Just let me know.

BTW, I really expected Jesse (Ox) to post by now. I thought he pretty much lived on here :D

5-SpeedStallion said:
BTW, I really expected Jesse (Ox) to post by now. I thought he pretty much lived on here :D

:D im always on! ive just been busy at work today though:(

i'd definately like to goto it. March 5th, is ok by me and Brent doesnt have to work, he's just lazy:lol: I'll see if anyone else (with a mustang) would want to go. You bringing your V6 or Bullit?

OxMox said:
:D im always on! ive just been busy at work today though:(

i'd definately like to goto it. March 5th, is ok by me and Brent doesnt have to work, he's just lazy:lol: I'll see if anyone else (with a mustang) would want to go. You bringing your V6 or Bullit?

Haha :D

I figured you were busy or something, but still, this things been up for a few HOURS now :D

Anyway, yeah, you should definately come and bring the Mach and get any of your other friends that you can. I'd love for the Mustangs to totally dominate this show... but really anyone can come and bring their car.

Oh, and HOPEFULLY, I'll be bringing the V6. I've been so busy I havent been able to work on it much until recently, but I got the lower intake manifold milled and it fits, so it's just a matter of plugging everything back in, get one header and the upper intake back on, bolt all the little stuff back on, and fill up the fluids. If all goes well it will be there. Untuned, I'm sure, but hopefully there... Oh, and since the Bullitt is "technically" :D my dad's, it'll be there, too. It may even have a Vortech by then, who knows. My beater Fox won't make it though :). Too ugly. There are seriously sheets of clearcoat peeling off.

Anyway, just let me know if anyone has any questions or if anyone would like to register early. All I'd need is your name, email (to keep you up to date, though you don't have to give it to me if you don't want), Car year, HP, Years you've owned the car, and I think that's everything that I couldn't fill out myself, like "Ford Mustang." :D

So, yeah, just let me know guys.

Blaine